Safe Grants Council Nominations

Safe Grants Council :beginner: Nominations

:green_heart: :green_heart: :green_heart: gm gm gm Safe frens,

We’re excited to share that we’re opening up nominations for the Safe Grants Council.

As a reminder, we have three seats in the newly approved Safe Grants Program’s council, which will be elected by SAFE token holders.

• Technical Seat

• Business / Product Seat

• Wild Card Seat

Below we have outlined :page_with_curl: on a very high level what we are looking for, for each seat.

It will be entirely up to the Safe DAO :people_wrestling: community to elect who they think should take each of these three roles, and help us 100x the Safe ecosystem with the grants program and ecosystem.

Starting right now, you can begin submitting your candidate proposal to the Safe DAO. You’ll find all information and details in the Safe Grants Council Elections page.

A quick :white_check_mark: checklist of the SGP council candidacy process:

Please do not submit anything without referring to the detailed guidelines on Notion :exclamation:

• Check the guidelines and instructions in the Notion page

• Post your candidate proposal in this thread (using our template - see Notion)

• Submit your Expression of Interest form to the Safe Ecosystem Foundation team

• Promote your candidacy on socials and Twitter Space (optional)

Please note:

While we had originally planned to allow people to apply for multiple seats, we discussed internally in the past week or so, and decided that the election experience will be considerably more streamlined for token-holders if each candidate picks their strongest suit - thus the decision that each candidate may apply for one seat only.

Proposals can be posted directly in this thread from today until June 14.

Candidate Proposal Template :point_down: :point_down:t5:

Please stick to this template for ease of consumption by our community.

Candidate Proposal @forum-username

I’m nominating myself as a [forum seat type] council member

• Choose which seat you’re nominating yourself for - only pick one - choose wisely anon :sweat_smile:

Here is my twitter verification link

To create your verification post, you can use this template: verification post

Here’s why I’d make a great Grants Council Reviewer:

• 2-300 word introduction to yourself, your passions, your experiences and your skills
  • Don’t forget to make it relevant to the seat you’re applying to
  • Detail your bes

Please demonstrate expertise relevant to your Council seat (including hard and soft skills) and relevant links to back this up.

​​What types of grant applications would you like to see?

(or what Grant RFPs would you create? - please use bullets and limit to 150 words)

Vote for me because:

• Your chance to get very clear on your unique value-add
  • Don’t forget to make your candidacy relevant to the seat you’re applying to
  • For Wildcard candidates, make a case for why your skill-set adds value to the grants council
  • Please stick to four bullets, maximum of one link and a 100 word limit

Snapshot short intro:

50 word version of your intro for Snapshot election space when voting commences (keep it snappy - no extra words :name_badge:)

Do you have a technical / background?

• If applicable, please describe your technical background here (150 word limit)
  • Use bullets and link to your most important achievements / projects / portfolio

Ethereum wallet Address:

This will be used for elections and for voting on grants decisions. It is important that this address matches the one shared in your expression of interest form.

Conflicts of Interest Statement:

I hereby declare all material potential conflicts of interest that may be relevant for this role to the Safe DAO Community.

• Please populate the list below…
  • xxx
  • xxx

I hereby that I have no material conflicts of interest that may be relevant for this role to the Safe DAO Community

Finally, just a quick note that I have provided the markdown version of the proposal template here on Google Docs

18 Likes

Great work @1sla.eth putting this together! Looks great and I’m already working on writing my application :slight_smile: Looking forward for the opportunity to support the Safe Ecosystem through this initiative!

3 Likes

Candidate Proposal @Liorg

I’m nominating myself as a [Product / Business ] council member

I’m excited to submit my nomination for the SGP role. I have been around the Safe ecosystem for quite a while, and I’m looking forward to use this opportunity to contribute back to an ecosystem of developers around a product I believe in.

A bit about me: I’m the Head of Platform at Collider Labs, in charge of post investment support to our portfolio of web3 projects. I’ve been a DAO contributor since 2019 with a multi-year hands on D2D (DAO to DAO) contribution track record. I bring extensive experience of business, web3 investments, business development and growth. I’ve been early into the DAO rabbit hole earlier in my web3 career focusing on governance with DAOstack and GenesisDAO back in 2019, an early partner of Gnosis.

I participated in the SAFE round as part of Collider investment and built the financial model of the bull case for the $SAFE token, which means I understand the potential paths SAFE can take to create value to the ecosystem.

Relevant links for my fitness to the business council seat:

Applications that either already demonstrated contribution to the safe ecosystem, and/or involvement in the community over time as an initial sign for teams that the SafeDAO would like to support.

I like to see applications that demonstrate how they plan to deliver in the short term, but also how that first step can later be expanded to a venture that becomes valuable for SafeDAO.

I believe grants are a great vehicle to get a builder’s foot in the door of an ecosystem, which can later be further expanded into products and services that benefit the ecosystem. I would love to see applications that demonstrate:

• Expansion of the target audience to use SAFE tech stack
  • Legal and compliance wrapper tooling that help individuals and groups around the globe get access to the crypto market
  • I’m fascinated by how web3 social and on chain credentials (both social and work related) open up new opportunities and business models, and expecting to see submission that introduce those functionalities into the SAFE stack
  • I’d love to see innovative solutions of how RWA and off-chain royalties products can be built on top of SAFE

Vote for me because:

I’m a true web3 native entrepreneur, builder myself, and understand the needs of builders to get their first opportunity to showcase their ideas and get a legitimacy stamp early on their journey.

At the same time I understand investors and ecosystem stakeholders need to ensure money/tokens being spent are spent wisely and carefully.

I bring natural curiosity, wide familiarity with the ecosystem, and at the same time methodic and critical thinking that can well serve $SAFE token holders in ensuring the grants are properly invested to grow the ecosystem and promote further innovation on top of it.

P.S - vote for me cause i didn’t use ChatGPT in writing this form, except from creating the short 50 words summary of this thread for Snapshot :slight_smile:

Snapshot short intro:

A web3 entrepreneur, builder and investor with Collider Ventures. I bring a deep understanding of the ecosystem, committed to ensure grants are wisely invested to grow the ecosystem & support innovation. Vote for me as I understand the needs of builders and the importance of responsible investment. I believe grants can help builders get started and expand their impact. Looking to see grant applications that demonstrate expansion of the target audience, integration with legal & compliance tools, web3 credentials and more.

I’m not technical but am very hands on and always curious to try out and build stuff

• I led the ideation, product and design of an hackathon winning project called DataDAO - 1st place on Ocean Data economy challenge

• Building Collider Platform internal tool for portfolio companies to get access to ecosystem partners, integrated with internal CRM

Ethereum wallet Address:

liorg.eth

I hereby declare all material potential conflicts of interest that may be relevant for this role to the Safe DAO Community.

9 Likes

Candidate Proposal @SanLeo461

I’m nominating myself as a [Technical] council member

Hi! I’m SanLeo, I’m an avid developer and a part-time security nut.
I’ve been a developer for over 7 years now, I spend every free moment I have learning about new technologies, constantly working to better myself and share what I learn with my peers.
I enjoy discussing new and interesting EIPs in technical detail with my developer friends, and am constantly trawling GitHub discussions, discourse forums and twitter threads to keep up to date with what other passionate Ethereum developers are up to and learn from them.
Some of my current Ethereum ecosystem passions include Account Abstraction, Zero-Knowledge Cryptography and Diamond Proxies, and I hope to scrutinize yet support proposals involving these and other interesting technologies as we attempt to bring the world on-chain!
I currently hold a few positions which are relevant;

• Web3 Software Engineer @ (twitter.com/@hebys_io) hebys.io
    • Writing dApps, smart contracts, blockchain data analysis tools, and scaling the platform using DevOps knowledge.
  • Alpha Software Builder & Multisig @ PVFD (twitter.com/@foundersdao) discord.gg/pixelvault
    • Using my knowledge of blockchain data analysis and discord bots to build data-driven user-facing tools for members of the DAO.
    • Signing, building and optimizing transactions for use with the DAOs multisig wallet in compliance with governance proposals.
  • Developer @ Odiville (twitter.com/@todayodious) Odiville · GitHub
    • Writing smart contracts & dApps for a world-building project based on NFT-based currency, burn mechanisms and art.
    • Leveraging new technologies to bring unique experiences to users such as ZK & AA.

I would make a great Grants Council Reviewer due to my extensive development experience, up-to-date knowledge of Ethereum technologies, and relevant positions in the ecosystem. I’m passionate about exploring new technologies and have hands-on experience in building dApps and smart contracts.

• Batch optimized safe apps for popular protocols & SAFE itself.
    – This became important to me when I helped a friend save hundreds of dollars by teaching them to use the transaction builder to batch add and remove owners on SAFEs. Cheap transactions should be for everyone, not just developers.
  • Account Abstraction
    – With ERC-4337 around the corner, there’s fierce competition to innovate in the space and provide the best user experience. I want to establish SAFE as a power player in the AA space before its too late.
  • Customizing SAFEs
    – With solutions such as SAFE modules, we have the tools necessary to allow users and DAOs to build completely customized and extensible safes, allowing features far beyond what SAFE could build in-house. But there are currently few available modules that are audited, optimized and accessible. New modules as well as user-friendly tools to add and interact with modules are a priority to me.

Vote for me because:

I want to sift the cruft from the crafty, and look for real value in the proposals and people I approve. I want to support grant proposers in their development aspirations and workshop how they can bring their unique value add to the table with a SAFE Grant.
I have the technical know-how to not only assess feasibility but also steer developers and proposers towards better ideas and solutions that will ultimately benefit our community.

Snapshot short intro:

Hi, I’m SanLeo! An avid developer of 7 years and security nut.
I love dissecting and working with new EIPs & technologies such as AA & ZK-Crypto.
I develop for 3 clients doing smart contracts, dApps & blockchain data analysis.
I want to position SAFE for the future ahead!

• I’ve been developing for around 7 years, and have hopped around from language to language, and ecosystem to ecosystem.
  • I’m fluent in Java, Solidity, Python, Rust, Javascript/Typescript, C#, C, Kotlin, HTML/CSS (Vue & React), Noir
  • I’m well versed in Linux, Security, RDMBS, CI/DevOps & Cloud Engineering
  • Most of my work is behind closed doors and/or NDA, but I’ve worked with many projects such as Hebys.io, Pixel Vault Founders’ DAO, Odiville, NFTSensei & Chill Bear Club.
    – Feel free to ask me about any of my work in more detail
  • Additionally, I worked as a Java freelancer before web3 for 4-5 years doing enterprise-grade game/plugin development from ~2016-2020

Ethereum wallet Address:

0x7f7a41d5CDd9e19DD1c618258b5A9dcF875852c2

• This is an empty hardware wallet address, for if I am to be elected.

I hereby that I have no material conflicts of interest that may be relevant for this role to the Safe DAO Community

6 Likes

Candidate Proposal @Juandi

I’m nominating myself as a [BUSINESS / WILDCARD] council member

Here is my twitter verification link.

Love to play devil’s advocate when tech is being presented for a grant proposal as I’ve been in the other side of the grant interview and screening process many times with Aave, Aptos, Balancer, Compound and Prezenti (Celo). In the case of business, Alcancía (our startup built an on/off-ramp experience plus non-custodial wallet integrated with DeFi with less than 60k USD in funding).

We know which disbursement schedules and budgets are optimal to built quality product using SAFE documentation and the new account abstraction technology following EIP-4337. My main focus as a reviewer will be effective spending and grant disbursement.

I have never taken the reviewer role, but I can assure you that from a grantee perspective, I will bring the transparency and budgeting needed from a resourceful allocation of funds and improve the metrics for the Safe Grants Program. My main goal is to bring indicators that show impact and development inside the ecosystem while being cautious with funding disbursed, a tortoise-based approach is always a nice-to-have for a hare-paced oriented program.

What types of grant applications would you like to see?

• ERC-4337 is going to places, I am looking for the next killer-use cases for account abstraction that will onboard the next 200M people into web3.

Vote for me because:

• Will focus on products that are in early stage and guide towards viable and efficient growth metrics.
  • Connected and funded by multiple grants programs, will move the agenda with blockchains and community funds.
  • Priority towards transparency and constant mentorship to build product.
  • I beat my allergy to bananas by eating more bananas. :banana:

Snapshot short intro:

Juandi, built the first non-custodial wallet for Latin Americans - Alcancía with direct integrations into Aave, Celo and Compound and partnership with Coinbase and Mexico’s biggest bank, Banco BBVA. Proven track record working for NGOs like UNESCO and startup Accelerators such as Unreasonable México. He now looks into getting his first reviewer role, focused on helping you grow and pass from early stage to scale.

• Developed the DeFi integrations of Alcancía a non-custodial wallet focused on building the next ‘be your own bank’ infrastructure for the next 200M Latin Americans.
  • 2x winner in ETH Global hackathons. Prized with Polygon Regenerative Finance and WalletConnect v1.0 integrations.
  • Celo Tenet Award Winner

Ethereum wallet Address:

juandidi.eth / 0xe021847F3E760D00dDF71c3D7391b03A4Ba52897

6 Likes

Candidate Proposal @v3naru

I’m nominating myself as a [Wildcard Reviewer] council member

GM All! I’m Varit, also known as v3naru online. My passion for blockchain technology and decentralized governance has been a driving force in my contributions to the space since 2018. My diverse background spans startups, business, and data analysis, equipping me with critical thinking skills that are indispensable for the role of a grant reviewer. My journey includes an early involvement with a pioneering crypto startup unicorn in Thailand and currently working with a leading venture builder in Southeast Asia. These experiences have granted me a unique perspective on both the business and technical facets of the blockchain industry. Furthermore, my hands-on involvement in governance and operations within DAOs has furnished me with a comprehensive understanding and nuanced perspective on grant proposals.

As a reviewer, I aim to harness these experiences to effectively review and assess grant proposals. My technical comprehension of blockchain technology, combined with my knowledge of DAO operations, will enable me to identify proposals that resonate with SafeDAO’s mission and offer substantial potential value.

Moreover, I’m an advocate for these principles: experimentation, progressive decentralization, inclusivity, collaboration, and data-driven decision-making (EPICD) which forms the backbone of my approach. I firmly believe that these core values are vital for the maturation of the web3 space. As a Wildcard Reviewer, I pledge to let these principles guide my actions and decisions.

Beyond my skills, I am privileged to have a robust network within the vibrant web3 startup community. My affiliation with a web3-focused venture builder has allowed me to forge relationships that could bring considerable value and foster meaningful collaborations for the grants program & participants.

In conclusion, my combination of business knowledge, DAO ops experience, commitment to core values, and strong startup community ties makes me an exceptional candidate for the Wildcard Reviewer role. I am dedicated to advancing the SafeDAO mission and contributing value to the community through this role.

(In general, I appreciate applications that not only demonstrate immediate deliverables but also articulate a vision for future expansion, thereby bringing long-term value to SafeDAO.)

• Real-world applications: Projects that aim to bring Safe’s benefits to larger audiences, particularly those that have practical, real-world applications. This could include applications that integrate Safe with existing systems, making it easier for people to adopt and use Safe in their everyday lives.

• Inclusive Community Growth Initiatives: Applications that prioritize creating accessible and inclusive educational initiatives. These could include multilingual educational content, workshops, and campaigns that extend awareness of Safe’s benefits to a diverse, global audience. By encouraging a more diverse and inclusive community, we can ensure that the benefits of Safe and the notion of “Take Back ownership” reach as many people as possible.

• Improving Governance experience: The effectiveness of SafeDAO’s governance model depends on the active participation of its community - therefore any project that improve the experience of key participants, such as by developing tools/framework that make it easier for them to engage with SafeDAO’s governance process.

Vote for me because:

• My hands-on experience in governance and operations within DAOs endows me with a comprehensive understanding and nuanced perspective on grant proposals, crucial for the Council.

• My diverse background spans startups, business, and data analysis, enriched by early involvement with a pioneering crypto startup unicorn in Thailand and a leading venture builder in SEA. This unique blend of business acumen, startup insight, and tech-savviness positions me to provide strategic guidance and novel insights to the Grants Council.

• Leveraging my extensive connections within the vibrant web3 startup network, which I’ve cultivated through my affiliation with a web3-focused venture builder, I’m well-positioned to bring substantial value and meaningful collaborations to the grants program.

Vote for me if:

• You also value the principles of experimentation, progressive decentralization, inclusivity, collaboration, and data-driven decision-making – cornerstones that I staunchly advocate for. I believe these principles are critical for the development and maturation of the web3 space, and I am committed to championing them within the Grants Council and the broader Safe ecosystem.

Snapshot short intro:

v3naru is a passionate blockchain enthusiast with a robust startup and business background. With experience in DAO operations, core value of E.P.I.C.D (check full nomination post for details), and strong startup community ties, he’s eager to contribute to SafeDAO as a diligent and insightful Wildcard Reviewer.

• While I do not have a developer background, I have been an active contributor to the crypto space since late 2018 and have a solid technical understanding of blockchain technology, DeFi, NFTs, and decentralized governance.

• In addition to my involvement in various DAOs as a Curia delegate such as Optimism Collective, ArbitrumDAO, and SafeDAO, I have also shared my insights and knowledge with a broader audience. In 2022, I authored several popular posts in the DAO Thailand Community Facebook group about DAOs and the emerging trends in the ecosystem, which was widely appreciated and discussed. You can find this post and the local group here.

• I believe that these experiences and my ability to effectively communicate complex topics to a broad audience further underscore my understanding of the technical aspects of this field and my suitability for the role.

Ethereum wallet Address:

0x4adface27e2c7824e31217fe0bf87dd39a16f27d

Currently I’m employed by SCB 10X, a venture capital and venture builder based in Southeast Asia, to perform DAO research and development for the company. Given SCB 10X’s involvement with Safe’s latest funding round, this association could potentially be perceived as a conflict of interest. The team acknowledged that my application for Safe Grants Council Reviewer is on my individual basis, opinions made are my own and cannot be influenced by the company. I want to assure the Safe DAO Community that my role in the Council, if elected, will be underpinned by principles of transparency and fairness, with the utmost consideration given to the best interests of the Safe DAO Community. My affiliation with SCB 10X does not, and will not, influence my commitment to acting in the best interest of the Safe DAO Community and its mission.

6 Likes

Candidate Proposal @calmbro

I’m nominating myself as a [Wildcard] council member

https://twitter.com/calmbro_eth/status/1664469595183259648?s=20

I co-founded Defiant Wallet in 2019, starting as a P2P marketplace and growing into a robust self-custodial mobile wallet supporting multiple blockchains (EVMs, Bitcoin, Tron, Algorand). As one of two developers, I built the platform and wallet from scratch. We initially relied on grants to fund the project, which taught me valuable lessons about grant processes. Throughout three fundraising rounds, I pitched to and engaged with over 100 investors, gaining insights into project evaluation. In Defiant, I played a key role in assembling a diverse team of 20+ professionals, covering various domains.

As CTO, I led the development team in achieving significant milestones, including one-tap token swaps, express on/off-ramps, NFT display, and other cutting-edge features, which we released even before the most popular wallets. I also established strong partnerships and spearheaded integrations with dozens of industry leaders.

My experience as a devoted SAFE user taught me the importance of shared finance management. After facing significant loss due to a co-founder’s misuse of funds, I realized the need for a more secure approach. SAFE simplifies and standardizes finance management, making it the ideal choice for such situations, and deserves its de facto standard position.

Additionally, I’m enthusiastic about the transformative potential of SAFE Core, which came to solve once and for all the most remarkable long-standing UX challenges of crypto wallets. I have actively advocated for Account Abstraction and EIP-4337. Here you can see me pitching it to thousands of guests present in last Labitconf. I’ve also shared my insights through speaking engagements at events like EthLatam, and programs such as Bitcoin Magazine, among others.

I’d like to see mainly these kinds of applications:

• Projects leveraging the amazing SAFE{Core} kit for creating simpler and safer ways of accessing crypto for everyday users, thanks to AA, logins with their social accounts, using sponsored transactions, and more.
  • New apps built specifically for SAFE{Wallet}, that empower the unique properties of this amazing wallet.
  • Improvement proposals for SAFE{Wallet} UX, both in desktop and mobile.

Vote for me because:

• I’ve played a major role in developing a wallet and making it grow to serve thousands of users.
  • I’ve got a rich mixture of technical and business experience specifically in crypto.
  • I’ve been in the ecosystem for over 5 years, and I’ve worked with dozens of partners in the industry.
  • I’ve went through the grant application and execution process several times.
  • Being Argentinian, I can add diversity to the Council and first hand insight from one of the regions where crypto is meant to mark a huge difference -and it’s already doing so.

Snapshot short intro:

@calmbro is a buidler with technical and business experience who co-founded a self-custodial multi-blockchain wallet used by thousands. A passionate advocate of SAFE{Wallet}, and a strong promoter of Account Abstraction. He expects to see these flourish even more thanks to SGP, and be of great help in the process.

• I’m a Telecommunications Engineer.
  • I was one of two developers who built Defiant wallet from its beginning (Flutter)
  • I developed many services to support the wallet (token prices feeds, token data sources, and more) (Ruby, NodeJS)
  • I created the DevOps processes supporting a CI/CD framework (Github Actions, Firebase)
  • I programmed the automated tasks interacting with diverse blockchains (OpenZepelin Defender)
  • I developed smart contracts and the corresponding web3 frontends for specific campaigns (Solidity, Hardhat, IPFS, Ethers.js)

Ethereum wallet Address:

0xa3c90c56f712D0Db82B0407a018D0EE79308A8aB

I hereby that I have no material conflicts of interest that may be relevant for this role to the Safe DAO Community.

My role related to Defiant wallet will represent no source of conflict, as neither the company that develops it nor any of their collaborators or partners plan to participate in SGP. It also requires from me short amount of time, so I will be more than available for the needed amounts of time, and even more.

7 Likes

Candidate Proposal @_Carla

Hi, I’m Carla. I’m an ardent supporter of the web3 space since 2018 and am a dedicated contributor to several community-driven projects. During these years I developed the knowledge and the experience that I would like to offer as a Grants Council member to make a significant impact on the Safe project.

I am a passionate individual deeply invested in the transformative potential of blockchain technology. With a robust background in the crypto sphere and a demonstrated commitment to community-driven initiatives, I am enthusiastic about the opportunity to serve as a Wildcard Reviewer in the Grants Council.

The philosophy of decentralization inherent in blockchain technology resonates profoundly with my personal values. I am motivated by the prospect of actively contributing to projects that foster innovation, inclusivity, and transparency. As a Wildcard Reviewer within the Grants Council, I am eager to evaluate and support proposals that embody these principles.

Relevant Experience:

• Community Collaborations and Engagement
    I have been actively involved in various community collaborations, which have honed my ability to work seamlessly within diverse teams and adapt to the unique requirements of each project. These collaborative endeavours have cultivated my discernment in identifying projects capable of generating substantial positive impact engaging effectively with project teams and providing constructive feedback.

• Skills and Expertise
    To enhance my technical expertise within the blockchain field, I have diligently pursued specialised Solidity courses and token engineering programs. These educational pursuits have equipped me with a strong and deep foundation in web3 fundamentals and empowered me with the skill to effectively evaluate project proposals.

• Research and Analysis:
    I have more than 10 years of experience as a Quality System Lead for a traditional Company. In this role, I honed my skills in developing and implementing robust quality management systems. This experience has instilled in me meticulous attention to detail, adherence to standardised processes, and a keen eye for identifying areas of improvement.
    My proficiency in conducting comprehensive research and analysing complex problems enables me to critically evaluate proposals, identify potential risks and challenges, and make informed decisions.

I’d like to see mainly applications projects that foster inclusivity and transparency.

Vote for me because:

You think I have the “right numbers” for doing this :smiley:.

My extensive involvement in the crypto space, experience with community-driven projects, technical acumen, and alignment with the Grants Council’s core could be the right skills as a highly suitable candidate for the role of Wildcard Reviewer for propelling the growth of innovative projects and driving positive change.

Vote for me if:

Your web3 vision and values are aligned with mine.

Snapshot short intro:

I’m Carla, I’m an ardent supporter of the web3 space since 2018 and actively contribute to community-driven projects. With a background in the crypto sphere and a commitment to community initiatives, I aim to make an impact as a Grants Council member. I’m passionate about the transformative potential of blockchain technology and value innovation, inclusivity, and transparency.

• I’m an ICT Engineer (a cool way to say a half software and half telecom engineer).
  • I worked as Technical Support and Documentation Lead at Aragon
  • Hands-on experience with Solidity and Front-End knowledge. I developed several projects during specific courses that I attended and the Chainlink Hackathon.
  • Deeply knowledgeable about DAO and treasure management (I’m a multisig signer of the TripsCommunity Safe).
  • Involvement in the NFT space.
  • I have knowledge of Token Engineering.

Ethereum wallet Address:

0xA017C1D30CAb355D44Ef2FB950b578F8f1149cbA

I hereby that I have no material conflicts of interest that may be relevant to this role to the Safe DAO Community.

6 Likes

Candidate Proposal @adamhurwitz.eth

I’m nominating myself as a business/product council member

Here is my Twitter verification link

Passion and experience

I’ve contributed as a SafeDAO Guardian, in crypto, and open source tech for the past 5 years. Recently, I’ve worked on TaxBit’s free public goods consumer app, built 200+ pages of open crypto info, and an open-source crypto news Android app, Coinverse. I will use my 10 years of experience across product, software, and business development to review grants from a holistic perspective, and support grants that best further digital ownership with Safe.

I’m a nomad and enjoy exploring cities through coffee and tea cafes, food, and running. I am passionate about making wellness accessible, and I’ve found personal success with slow-carb nutrition, intermittent fasting, and “natural” shoe running.

Safe ecosystem

In 2021 I began researching all long-term crypto account solutions and discovered Safe’s open and programmable ecosystem. Through sharing open-source research I became a SafeDAO Guardian, and have contributed towards product research and governance feedback in over 100+ Safe forum posts. I’ve started exploring potential solutions for Safe and crypto access controls that provide custom role and app-based management of accounts. I’ve helped create open info on the Safe ecosystem and SafeDAO, and started research in the forum to better manage open info. For Safe’s May 2023 hackathon I integrated portions of Safe open info into the Safe docs, which I’ll continue to work on.

Product and software development

Along with being comfortable working with open-source, I enjoy working with teams. I did product consulting with TaxBit in 2022 to improve their free consumer tax product. Prior to focusing on crypto research and product consulting I spent 4 years as an Android developer ranging from indie hacking Coinverse and working on multiple apps at eBay. I’ve reached 1.96 million developers in Android through StackOverflow, writing/talks, and code (See Do you have a technical background?).

• Smart account access controls
    • Providing custom controls for easier to access accounts like “hot” accounts will improve usability and adoption of Safe accounts to securely store the underlying assets, data, and social accounts.
    • Research the existing crypto account access control solutions from a role and app-based perspective.
    • Compare the value propositions, tech/API functionality, opportunities for improvement, and Safe integrations.
  • Safe open-source information
    • Help to progressively decentralize collaboration in the Safe ecosystem.
    • Open information (OI) includes relevant resources from public domains, individuals, both company and project’s documentation, and etc. OI makes use of collective knowledge that has the potential to cover more surface area and be more in-depth than more centralized sources of truth.
  • Map Safe apps ecosystem
    • Research the apps built with Safe to test, share the value propositions, tech features, and opportunities to collaborate.
    • This will help builders by improving knowledge sharing and users make better informed decisions.

Vote for me because:

• I’ll use my combined 10 years of experience across product, software, and business development to support grants that will have the largest potential impact for the Safe ecosystem.
  • As a SafeDAO Guardian I have been contributing to the Safe ecosystem the past year in product and governance in over 100+ forum posts and creating open info.
  • I have perspective on what technology and products thrive long-term because I’ve been involved in crypto since 2014 and have experienced multiple market cycles.
  • I’m passionate about open-source technology sharing open info in crypto and reaching 1.96 million developers through Android development.

Snapshot short intro:

I’m a SafeDAO Guardian :beginner: and I’ve enjoyed contributing to Safe the last year providing product research, documentation, and governance feedback in 100+ posts. I bring experience as an open source researcher, product consultant in crypto analytics and UX, Android apps software and in business development for mobile apps.

I spent 4 years as an Android developer after teaching myself how to code while on Google’s business development team for mobile apps. These front end and systems design skills help me to learn new technology in crypto quickly, know how to scale products, and understand what to research further. Working in Android also taught me how to contribute to open-source ecosystems.

Ethereum wallet Address:

• ENS (Linked to the address below): adamhurwitz.eth
  • Address: 0x0B948EFB1b515d8071363a210C362297d2C9db67

I hereby declare that I have no material conflicts of interest that may be relevant for this role to the Safe DAO Community.

13 Likes

Candidate Proposal @richa

I’m nominating myself as a [Business/Product] council member

• Asset Custody Experience: As an early member of Wealthsimple (AUM: ^$18B, Valuation: ^$5B), I helped grow the B2B team & business to onboard & custody just under 1B in institutional assets on our platform. I played various roles including Technical Product Manager, Head of Account Management, and Strategy. I’ve been an early member at various high growth startups which involved providing custodial solutions for client funds. This experience can be used to understand the user, the market, and make the decisions that drive growth.

• Web3 Experience: I’ve worked at the Token Engineering Commons (TEC) to build a data product which aggregates relevant signals in an ecosystem and at Bankless Card to help set up the ideal legal structure for the project. Currently working at the Next Generation village to build a network state based out of Switzerland. I’ve participated in various ETH hackathons, and won 1st place for one the ETH Tokyo Sponsor prizes. Also I’m experienced with the Web3 space and actively use various DeFi & Custodial applications (including Safe) in my projects.

• Founder Experience: I’ve co-founded my own govtech company (PublicSquare) which built software to build consensus, perform sentiment analysis and make decisions. In just our 1st year after launch, we had signed up 10-15 large clients, and had a healthy MRR. This experience can be used to coach the grantees and provide support through their own builder journeys

• Investment Experience: As an accredited US investor, I have made angel investments in the Web2 space, and have a pipeline setup for Web3. This experience would help me analyze potential grantees for best optimization of SGP metrics, as well as other fundamentals

Due to this breadth of experience, I think I would make an excellent candidate for the Business/Product position on the SGP council.

Here’s my Linkedin!

(or what Grant RFPs would you create? - please use bullets and limit to 150 words)

• Projects which integrate safe apps into popular protocols, with high transaction volumes

• Projects which build the next killer AA use case with SAFE{Core} to onboard the next 100M users

• Projects which extend/improve the existing SDK tooling & optimize for institutional partnerships

• Projects which create user friendly wrappers for SAFE{Core}, optimized for large onboardings

• Projects which increase the overall share of Safe txns compared to overall gas txns per chain

Vote for me because:

• I know how to think critically about what users want and need and have a solid understanding of what it takes to scale a product & ecosystem

• I have been an early member of a team that has onboarded / custodied ^$18B in user assets

• I’m an accredited investor, have invested before and know how to make sound decisions

• I’m a scrappy builder myself and actively build on the Web3 stack + participate in hackathons

Snapshot short intro:

I have a diverse yet highly relevant perspective for the product / business member for the SGP council through my time as an early member at Wealthsimple (AUM: ^$18B, Valuation: ^$5B), co-founder of a govtech company, and a key member in various Web3 projects (Token Engineering Commons, Bankless Card, and Next Generation village). My experience in custodial applications, defi, and startup leadership plus my investment insight, makes me a pretty ideal candidate for the SGP council.

• Degree in Engineering, with a business/finance minor

• Product manager for 5+ years, working with large engineering teams at high growth tech companies in Web2 & Web3

• Hacked / currently hacking at various ETH events, and have won 1st place for a sponsor prize at ETH Tokyo + well acquainted with the Web3 development stack

• Active contributor in numerous DAO organizations, and familiar with DAO setup & governance

• Also a builder. Working on a project to build an AI tool for Snapshot to summarize past proposals, conduct sentiment analysis, and suggest recommendations based on past voting preferences. Drop a line if you think other features would be interesting!

Ethereum wallet Address:

0xe5c52C80749CF06ff8916B041cC6cA8Be4feb0Cd

I hereby that I have no material conflicts of interest that may be relevant for this role to the Safe DAO Community.

13 Likes

Candidate Proposal @unjoursurterre :earth_africa:

I’m nominating myself as a Wildcard council member

Do you have a technical background?

NO

Introduce yourself

I’m Louise :herb:. I embarked on the Web3 journey three years ago with the conviction that it is creating a positive impact on the world. I’m a Regenerative Finance (ReFi) specialist, technical writer and researcher at Curve Labs, where I published pioneer ReFi articles and extensive research on the tokenomics of ecosystem protection and restoration, and conducted research on nature-based asset markets, (d)MRV, and Web3 industry mapping. I co-founded The Neptune Project, and moonlight as a Kolektivo and Positive Blockchain contributor. Before that, I studied Environmental Policy and wrote my thesis on Blockchain for Environmental Governance.

Here is why I would make a great Grants Council Reviewer

1. As a documentation writer, I’ve had experience working on Safe-related products. In the past years, I have dedicated my efforts to the development and advancement of the Kolektivo project. As part of the Curve Labs team we worked on various Zodiac plugins, such as a Modifier Role, that we aim to purpose as crucial governance tooling for local communities to gain financial and political autonomy.

2. I care about onboarding new audiences to Safe. Seeing the impact we’ve had developing the first community cryptoeconomy in Curaçao has convinced me that Web3 tools have the potential to be adopted by a much wider audience. Safe is a key primitive to this effort and needs to be approached from the lens of regular people, real-world merchants, and community governance.

3. I have extensive experience with grants as an applicant. I have a deep understanding of Web3 grant application processes, community building, and resource allocation.

4. I am a rigorous, methodical, punctual person, and aware of the value of teamwork. But you can decide that for yourself! :wink:

Vote for me because

I make the perfect Wildcard candidate. I will bring a fresh and outside look at the Safe ecosystem and the applications without being an outsider, yet far from being inexperienced.

I’m driven by the willingness to onboard more communities and peoples into Web3. I think that the Safe tools have the potential to be adopted by a much wider audience, and will give my energy to do so. I truly believe that good founders focus on tech, great founders focus on distribution!

I am a strong advocate of open-source who believes that there should always be more cooperation and modularity within the ecosystem.

Share ideas on the kinds of grants you would like to see given by the Safe Grants Program

As expressed throughout this application, I’m passionate about ReFi: But beyond supporting initiatives that have a positive environmental impact, I would like to see grants given to outstanding projects and initiatives that aim to foster the mass adoption of Safe tools to previously unseen communities.

Example: Kolektivo Badger Access Control

Now the TL;DR version of my intro

Louise is a Regenerative Finance (ReFi) specialist, technical writer and researcher at Curve Labs. In the past years, she worked on adapting Safe-related products for local communities’ financial and political autonomy. Louise believes in open-source, distribution, and is driven by the desire to onboard new audiences to Safe.

Specify voting wallet address for governance

0x864f2c20F55d7b6E80e65332C372C855a67be451

Conflict of Interest Statement

I hereby declare all material potential conflicts of interest that may be relevant for this role to the Safe DAO Community:

Curve Labs is a Safe Guardian.

6 Likes

Candidate Proposal @0xjack

I’m nominating myself as a [Technical] council member

I have been an engaged Ethereum community participant for more than 5 years, have been a DAO grant recipientand currently serve on the grants DAO for Hop hop protocol. I have also contributed to DAOs like Nexus Mutual, Yearn, Sushi and others. I am currently a Safe Guardian and have built Safe app integrations, like the Sushi Safe App.

I currently work as an engineering manager at MetaMask, and my day to day responsibilities include code review, architectural design and managing developers.

• More safe apps and integrations
  • Anything account abstraction
  • Improved access controls and social recovery of safes
  • Improved documentation and developer tooling

Vote for me because:

• Strong technical background
  • Experience managing the grant lifecycle process and as a grant recipient
  • A good mix of hard and soft skills required for the technical grant seat

Snapshot short intro:

I’m a SafeDAO guardian :beginner:, that already has experience within the Safe ecosystem, open source software contributions and a strong technical background

• Have been working as a developer in the Ethereum space for more than 5 years
  • Have created Safe integrations already
  • Was the lead developer for the MetaMask Staking application
  • Have been both a grant reviewer and recipient in the past

Ethereum wallet Address:

jack0x.eth

I hereby declare that I have no material conflicts of interest that may be relevant for this role to the Safe DAO Community.

7 Likes

Candidate Proposal @marcus

A researcher, builder, creator, educator, advisor, and community builder - I am your true wildcard, SafeDAO! My first incidence with Bitcoin was back in ‘13, and since then I’ve had a long and meandering journey throughout the ecosystem. I’m a Fellow at the EF where I conducted research and published an comprehensive 50-page open-source report and an educational content series on crypto’s opportunity in LatAm. On the building front, I’ve participated and raised venture funding through some of the world’s leading start-up accelerators. I’m deeply connected to the Latin American ecosystem through the Ethereum Guatemala community, and the ETH Kipu community, that is putting together ETH LatAm, the largest Ethereum event in Latin America and where I also support public goods and staking adoption in the region, as well as the largest in-person solidity educational program in the region. I’ve also worked with a number of DAOs, protocols, and infrastructure players, so I am very familiar with the wider ecosystem developments and the opportunities and challenges of the space. I’m also currently working on another educational research and podcast series, titled Odisea, where we are exploring further opportunities and challenges in the crypto ecosystem to drive real impact in the societies of tomorrow.

While I spend nearly all of my waking hours thinking about, writing, learning and breathing crypto, I also believe that if we want to truly unlock crypto’s potential to address some of the world’s most pressing problems of our time, we must look outwardly to explore and think about those other use-cases where crypto may play a central role in. With that conviction, I’ve worked in the healthcare space alongside Nobel Laureates, was previously a researcher at the University of Oxford - where I conducted my graduate studies, worked in the creative industries at the world’s largest art project for charity, at the fastest growing clean energy fintech firm, in special needs education, in regenerative food farming systems, and beyond. So, the notion of a “wildcard” resonates deeply with me :slightly_smiling_face:

• Projects that integrate the Safe{Core} to facilitate the use of Account abstraction for everyday use of crypto
  • Projects that take a privacy-first approach with regards to the way they integrate with Safe
  • Fostering and supporting more grass-roots community-led adoption of Safe and its offerings
  • Projects that are enhancing the current Safe stack developer and user experience
  • Projects that further the SafeDAO’s governance, incentives, engagement, and developer focus
  • Projects that onboard more users onto Safe by either integrating Safe or enhancing awareness and utility of Safe

Vote for me because:

1. A holistic perspective and knowledge set with regards to where crypto’s biggest technical and cultural opportunities and challenges lie
  2. A community of under-represented, and quite frankly, under-funded folks throughout Latin America, and more broadly the global south that would have much to benefit the Safe ecosystem and vice-versa
  3. A research-driven approach to analyzing potential grants that come through the pipeline
  4. A proactive mindset driven by enabling more equitable access to funding throughout the Safe ecosystem and beyond

Snapshot short intro:

Researcher, creator, builder, advisor, educator, and community leader across a diverse set of niches and geographies. Fellow at the EF where I published research on crypto’s potential in the global south. Deep network throughout the ecosystem and proactive research-led mindset willing to execute duties with high quality of work.

I can’t ship complex code myself, but am sufficiently technically savvy to navigate the technical nuances of the ecosystem. I have worked alongside many devs over the course of the years and have a strong sense of technological developments occurring throughout the industry.

Ethereum wallet Address:

marcusam.eth | 0x50b6a381993834C623b2Bded6825824C936E48bB

• If the Ethereum Guatemala community, which I am a member of, were to submit an application to receive grant funding from the Safe Grants Council, I would abstain from participating in the decision regarding the outcomes of the grant.
9 Likes

Candidate Proposal @nanobro

I’m nominating myself as a Business / Product Seat council member

To create your verification post, you can use this template: verification post

As an accomplished entrepreneur and business owner since 2014, my passions lie in building unique products, identifying profitable market niches, and pioneering business innovation. I have successfully navigated the competitive online marketplace through my gadget business, demonstrating resilience, strategic aptitude, and technological acumen.

My alignment with the Business Product Council role stems from my comprehensive skills, hands-on experiences, and deep passion for business innovation. I am eager to contribute my expertise to the council, championing strategies and innovations that resonate with the dynamic market and consumer landscape. I look forward to contributing to the future successes of the council.

Please demonstrate expertise relevant to your Council seat (including hard and soft skills) and relevant links to back this up.

• Entrepreneur and Business Strategist: As the founder and operational lead of a successful online gadget business, I’ve cultivated a comprehensive understanding of business strategy and execution in the digital realm. My experiences have given me first-hand insights into the challenges and opportunities in online business, making me well-suited for a role on the Business Product Council.

• Marketing Expert: I have personally spearheaded our marketing initiatives, developing ads, content, and engaging with platforms like Facebook for advertising. I am adept at SEO strategies, allowing our brand to gain significant visibility and competitive advantage in the crowded digital market.

• E-commerce and Tech-savvy Leader: Starting from learning to build a website from scratch, I have not only developed vital e-commerce skills but also displayed a willingness to learn and adapt. While I manage the primary aspects of our e-commerce site, I’ve also collaborated with developers for more intricate parts, exhibiting my ability to lead and work within cross-functional teams.

• Product Innovation and Positioning: My experience includes designing unique, feature-rich products and positioning them effectively in the market, allowing us to avoid red ocean scenarios. This expertise will be beneficial for innovative product strategy development within the council.

• Supply Chain and Logistics Management: Having handled stock, supplier negotiations, and shipping logistics, I understand the integral role that supply chain management plays in a business’s strategic operations.

• Team Leadership: In training and managing administrative staff, I foster a collaborative, innovative environment that nurtures high performance. My belief lies in empowering teams to reach their full potential.

–Grant to business created from SafeCore.
– Grant to current dapps that integrate with Safe apps.
– Grant to educators who create marketing campaign for Safe.

Vote for me because:

I’m business guy with experience.
I’m also a good user myself
I have my full time for Safe
I’m also an educator who can make good impact on Safe awareness

Snapshot short intro:

Entrepreneur and business strategist with a passion for unique products and business innovation. Expert in marketing, SEO, and e-commerce. Skilled in product positioning, supply chain management, and team leadership. Adept in tech including WordPress and Solidity. Eager to contribute to the Business Product Council.

• Technological Acumen: Possessing a strong technological background, I am proficient in WordPress and experienced in digital marketing tools such as SEO and SEM. I’ve even dipped my toes into blockchain technology with a foundational understanding of Solidity. This diverse tech-savvy toolkit enables me to understand and leverage the potential of technology in the e-commerce landscape, positioning products effectively, and driving business growth.
- web3.mitz.xyz
Web3.gadgeteer.in.th

Ethereum wallet Address:

0x22e2f326FE5A1d07E1214EB1C08346Fd816E8375

6 Likes

Candidate Proposal @zer8_future

I’m nominating myself as a [[Wild Card]] council member

Really excited to see the Safe grant program being launched and hope to be part of the Safe Grants Council. I’m been a user of Safe since the early days and I’m very eager to bring 3 years of public goods related experience to the grants program. People in web3 are starting to notice the importance of Safe more and more these days and it would be an honor to be able to help grow the grants program, ensure it’s success and protect it from bad actors. Personally I’m an advocate of fairness and strongly believe that each project funded that doesn’t deliver has a negative impact on the grant program and other builders.

About me: I’m proud to say that my web3 experience has been around public goods from the beginning. In 2020 I started to contribute to 1Hive and in 2021 I’ve joined Gitcoin DAO full time as a grant reviewer and then became Grant Eligibility lead. My role was all about protecting the Gitcoin grants program, ensuring a more efficient capital allocation for all the grant creators and a credible neutral grant program for everyone involved. I would love to bring over 2 years experience in grant analysis/screening and also public goods know how to the SAFE grant program.

I see myself as the glue between the technical and business seats due to my experience in web3, grant screening and public goods support and also building.

Relevant links:

I would make a great Grants Council Reviewer due to my experience related to public goods, defending grant programs and mostly because in the past two years I’ve actually reviewed grant applications and have refined my intuition/skills around this particular task. I want to ensure a SAFE grant program :slight_smile: and I am available to dedicate myself full-time for the duration of the program.

• More consumer ready dapps that can enable even more people to use SAFE products
  • Creative uses cases of SAFE, strongly believe that creative problem solving can help SAFE become even more relevant
  • Experimentation around simple UI/UX for people that are not that technically inclined => more user friendly tools => more users => more Safes :smiley:
  • Eager to see grants that have the goal of pluging in safe apps into web3 protocols
  • Grants that appear to be moonshots, but with the proper guidance can actually transform the current status-quo

Vote for me because:

• I’ve reviewed over 3000 grant applications in the Gitcoin grant program and helped protec/save over 1 m$ in matching funds because of my deep dive reviews and passion for credible neutral grant programs
  • I have the analytical skills, experience, values and intuition to help protect the SAFE grant program from malicious actors and grant emulations
  • I thrive in dynamic environments and I love working together with people that share the same goals/values
  • I’ve been around web3 before people used this term and I like to think that I’ve developed an intuition on what works and what doesn’t

Snapshot short intro:

Hey everyone, ZER8 here! I’m a telecomm engineer and a creative, fulltime in web3 since 2020
My work in the past two years has been around grant eligibility & defending the Gitcoin grant program and DAO.
I’ve helped protect(save) over 1m$ in matching funds.
Really interested in making the SAFE grants program SAFE.

As a former telecomm engineer I am “techy”(most def not a dev), but I can understand code, data, systems and ofc the blockchain. I started in crypto in 2017 and I have a general overview of the tech scene here. I also have hands on experience with open systems, data science and know how to leverage tooling to get to the best outcomes.
As a DAO contributor since early 2020 I also have extensive experience in governance, decentralized systems, project management and technical implementations. Can approximate delivery timelines with a good accuracy.

Ethereum wallet Address:

0xE1c29e43EC903313a104f20aEa8A5b480Fc5512b

6 Likes

Candidate Proposal @jengajojo

I’m nominating myself as a [[Wild Card]] council member

I have been actively building public goods & stewarding their funding and adoption since 2021. Having worked as a grants committiee reviewer at BanklessDAO combined with my background as analyst, I bring a great combination of work experience, skills and passion for proliferating public goods.

As a builder in the ‘Adoption of Web3’ space, based on my research and experience, I have concluded that web3 adoption is not only a UX/UI problem, but a narrative problem. If the best use case for web3 is an online casino, no amount of pretty UI will change that. Additionally, as smart contracts directly compete with legal contracts for the base layer of global coordination, the legacy system will continue to build barriers towards its adoption, because no one in power wants to willingly give it up. If we look at the history of paradigm shifts, especially, how society coordinates around a shared narrative, we find that the most convincing narrative is built by the system which actually delivers non-excludable and non-rivalrous to the masses. Thus, in order for us as a community of crypto builders to spur adoption, we need to deliver public goods better than the legacy system.

References:

• Chief co-ordinator for a project multi-lingual content creation project to onboard newbies to web3. We produce written and audio visual content in 15+ languages, generating 100 content pieces each month with an average of 20000-30000 views each month [link]
  • Reviewed 30+ grants applications and developed a grants strategy at BanklessDAO [link]
  • Governance delegate at GitcoinDAO [link] where I provide feedback and steward integration of GitcoinDAOs’ products
  • I am a recognized delegate at 1inchDAO where I helped raised funds for earthquake relief victims in Turkey [link1] [link2]

• Leveraging AA towards building innovative solutions for the public goods space
  • Improving UI/ UX in order to enable a greater diversity of participants using SAFE
  • Enabling granular customisation for deploying, maintaining and upgrading SAFE contracts
  • Experimenting with novel governance mechanisms

Vote for me because:

• Several months of experience as a Grants reviewer in a DAO building public goods.
  • Building public goods in DAOs since 2021, with a focus on cross-cultural understanding and communication.
  • An academic background in physics+math offers the ability to be driven by facts and logic. Thanks to my web2 work exp as a data analyst, I also have the ability to understand and analyse technical information and make data driven decisions
  • As an active governance delegate is several prominent DAOs, I have first hand experience of sense making, prioritising allocation of resources, non violent communication, consensus thinking and project management

Snapshot short intro:

I’m jengajojo, I have been building public goods in DAOs since 2021, worked as a grants reviewer in BanklessDAO for 6 months and I am an active governance delegate in several DAOs. I have an academic background in physics & math as well as a professional background in data analysis and project management.

As a data analyst I am used to working in python and SQL with a fair overview of systems design and data architecture in the web2 space.

Ethereum wallet Address:

0x8bda9d0eda3af06be6f6f4228cf0931471196326

I hereby declare all material potential conflicts of interest that may be relevant for this role to the Safe DAO Community

7 Likes

Candidate Proposal @Kouros

I’m nominating myself as a Wildcard Reviewer council member

A couple of years ago I started my crypto journey when I joined Bankless DAO where I quickly went on to organising the Treasury Guild from scratch. Position that I held for over year.

In my time at Bankless DAO I also held the roles of Grants Committee Lead or NFT Curator.

As Grants Committee lead, I was responsible for administering the workflow of grant applications. Reviewing applications and voting on them. Preparing the agenda of the meetings and moderate them. Managing payments to the grantees. Collated seasonal budgets for the whole DAO and review them.

From Bankless I moved to Polygon where I held a few roles: Community Management lead, Grants Coordinator or BD.

As the Grants Coordinator, I was responsible for coordinating the grants programme withing Polygon Village which is the support framework for projects building on Polygon. This included reviewing projects, distributing projects to reviewers, communicating with teams regarding grants and how we could support them, oversee the distribution of funds and tracking the progression of the projects.

In addition to this, I assessed the support that every project needed and connected them to the right team or project to provide this support.

Throughout my web3 experience I have expanded my network in this sector. I met founders, influencers, and all sorts of people from the crypto space.

For me, the Grants Council isn’t just about funding projects. It’s about teamwork. It’s about putting the resources where they will make the biggest impact. It’s about collaborating so that every member of the Safe ecosystem can be proud of being web3.

–Education. I would like to see more content explaining the benefits of self-custody that Safe offers, the different features of Safe and how to use it.

– Safe integrations. I believe for Safe to grow, it is essential that Safe is used in a wide variety of apps. So, supporting more developers integrate Safe into their projects will be a win-win situation.

Vote for me because:

• Extensive experience in similar positions.
  • Autonomous analytical thinking.
  • Deep knowledge of web3 projects.
  • I empower people to be financially independent from institutions.

Snapshot short intro:

Web3 enthusiast with experience in grants operations. Contributed at Bankless DAO, where I led the Treasury Guild and the Grants Committee. Then moved to Polygon as Grants Coordinator where I helped projects with funding and support. I’m passionate about teamwork and impact. I’d like the Safe ecosystem to thrive.

My background is not technical.

Ethereum wallet Address:

0x47f882a155209F55D280EB36577c100A74DD32a1

5 Likes

Candidate Proposal @Anubhav_Girdhar

I’m nominating myself as a [Business / Product ] council member

I’ve been contributing to the web3 space for 6 years now, having been part of early teams like Instadapp and Biconomy before starting Parcel in late 2020.

Leading Parcel (one of the earliest teams powered by safe), I’ve been building on the safe infrastructure for more than 2.5 years seeing it evolve from being a multisig with little infrastructure for integration to being the quintessential protocol for storing and managing crypto.

On the Business / Product side, I’ve worked with major organisations like ENS, banklessDAO, dydx, Index etc. to streamline their payroll/payments on safe multisig with transaction volume nearing $300 million (most by any DAO payments tooling)

I’m excited about the opportunity to grow the safe ecosystem to millions of users for which I feel well experienced and confident of making a strong impact.

• Build your own smart account using modules and guards - extremely under-explored area to build custom logic for a variety of use cases, both business and consumer.

• Education - There’s so much room for educating masses about the possibilities of safe, to make it a standard account on ethereum

• Network abstraction - multi-chain UX sucks, we can make it much better with one account for all networks using safe and its infrastructure.

Vote for me because:

• I am experienced in business and product being the only sales person for Parcel which is nearing $300 million in transaction volume.

• I have been building on Ethereum for 5 years, with technical experience in off-chain(React, Node) + on-chain stack (solidity)

• I use and understand safe smart contracts as well as its infra deeply from my experience in building Parcel for the last 2.5 years

Snapshot short intro:

A founder and a builder with 2.5 years of first hand experience of safe ecosystem + lead Parcel (powered by safe and used by ENS, dydx, BanklessDAO, Index coop etc.) to $300 million in transaction volume.

Yes, apart from contributing to various product roles at Parcel, I have held the following roles as well:

• Backend Developer at Instadapp
  • Solidity Developer at Biconomy

Ethereum wallet Address:

0x35CFf8C0E91B0A85653422d3A2Fbc5c8C0E0462b

• Parcel, I’m the founder and CEO of a payroll/payments app powered by safe.
    Parcel or anyone from Parcel will NOT be applying for grants directly or indirectly
5 Likes

Candidate Proposal @Rango

I’m nominating myself as a [Business / Product Reviewer] council member

• Business / Product Reviewer

I go by Rango, and I’m an ex-professional basketball player turned crypto degen, super passionate about Safe and Ethereum ecosystem in general.

I have a deep understanding of Web3 products and its surroundings from a business perspective. To be exact, I’m about 10000 hours deep into Web3. I have actively contributed to the growth of Web3 communities and I have put my money where my mouth is in ~100 different innovative projects. My current experience as Head of Marketing and Business Development of a crypto project in Zug, Switzerland, an educational dApp on Polygon Network called CryptoChefs, has provided me with valuable insights into business models from inside and out! I am constantly analyzing business opportunities for the project I’m building on and I am excited about the Grant Council Reviewer opportunity to be a part of Safe’s mission with builders and their grant applications. Most importantly, I look forward to supporting grantees in achieving their milestones. I take care of my money, and I will keep doing so with Safe’s grants.

I have been an investor for years and have been building at SpicyFi in two already working educational products. We use Safe for both of those products, btw. I have an MSc in Business Analytics, where I wrote my Master’s Thesis about GameFi from a business perspective and focusing deeply on in-game economies.

My 10k hours effectively evaluating DeFi, NFTs and infrastructure projects identifying the key factors that drive value will be a strong added value for the Safe ecosystem. I am dedicated to contributing my knowledge and expertise to further enhance the Safe ecosystem and support its mission of creating a secure and decentralized future.

Innovation, community growth and adoption within the web3 ecosystem are great. But let’s keep it simple: these are the three components I consider key success factors for the grants.

Web3-y: open-source, interoperable, and with a commitment to decentralized governance.

Innovative, easily differentiate-able value proposition aligned with sustainability over time.
Proven, successful team that can execute the idea. An idea is nothing without proper execution.

Vote for me because:

Steal my 10k hours analyzing Web3 projects and let’s invest in projects that align with my three principles. We will empower developers and entrepreneurs to build sustainable and impactful solutions that contribute to the long-term success of the Safe ecosystem.

Snapshot short intro:

Passionate ex-basketball player turned crypto enthusiast with 10k+ hours in Web3. Investor in 100+ projects, leading Marketing in a Polygon dApp. Business background, MSc in Business Analytics. Excited to support Safe’s mission and help grantees succeed. Looking for (1) open-source, interoperable, and decentralized governance, (2) proven teams with (3) a sustainable value proposition.

Check out the projects I’m building on, leading the non-tech side (business, marketing, content, partnerships…)

Ethereum wallet Address:

0x8385dDEC9F626A8BfD157dB4B561a1EE7135c542

2 Likes

:green_heart: Quick reminder that grants council nominations close tonight (June 14) at 11.59pm CEST. :green_heart:

Great to see all these fab nominations up, and really looking forward to working with some of you amazing people in our community on this program!

4 Likes