Safe Grants Council Nominations

Safe Grants Council :beginner: Nominations

:green_heart: :green_heart: :green_heart: gm gm gm Safe frens,

We’re excited to share that we’re opening up nominations for the Safe Grants Council.

As a reminder, we have three seats in the newly approved Safe Grants Program’s council, which will be elected by SAFE token holders.

• Technical Seat

• Business / Product Seat

• Wild Card Seat

Below we have outlined :page_with_curl: on a very high level what we are looking for, for each seat.

It will be entirely up to the Safe DAO :people_wrestling: community to elect who they think should take each of these three roles, and help us 100x the Safe ecosystem with the grants program and ecosystem.

Starting right now, you can begin submitting your candidate proposal to the Safe DAO. You’ll find all information and details in the Safe Grants Council Elections page.

A quick :white_check_mark: checklist of the SGP council candidacy process:

Please do not submit anything without referring to the detailed guidelines on Notion :exclamation:

• Check the guidelines and instructions in the Notion page

• Post your candidate proposal in this thread (using our template - see Notion)

• Submit your Expression of Interest form to the Safe Ecosystem Foundation team

• Promote your candidacy on socials and Twitter Space (optional)

Please note:

While we had originally planned to allow people to apply for multiple seats, we discussed internally in the past week or so, and decided that the election experience will be considerably more streamlined for token-holders if each candidate picks their strongest suit - thus the decision that each candidate may apply for one seat only.

Proposals can be posted directly in this thread from today until June 14.

Candidate Proposal Template :point_down: :point_down:t5:

Please stick to this template for ease of consumption by our community.

Candidate Proposal @forum-username

I’m nominating myself as a [forum seat type] council member

• Choose which seat you’re nominating yourself for - only pick one - choose wisely anon :sweat_smile:

Here is my twitter verification link

To create your verification post, you can use this template: verification post

Here’s why I’d make a great Grants Council Reviewer:

• 2-300 word introduction to yourself, your passions, your experiences and your skills
  • Don’t forget to make it relevant to the seat you’re applying to
  • Detail your bes

Please demonstrate expertise relevant to your Council seat (including hard and soft skills) and relevant links to back this up.

​​What types of grant applications would you like to see?

(or what Grant RFPs would you create? - please use bullets and limit to 150 words)

Vote for me because:

• Your chance to get very clear on your unique value-add
  • Don’t forget to make your candidacy relevant to the seat you’re applying to
  • For Wildcard candidates, make a case for why your skill-set adds value to the grants council
  • Please stick to four bullets, maximum of one link and a 100 word limit

Snapshot short intro:

50 word version of your intro for Snapshot election space when voting commences (keep it snappy - no extra words :name_badge:)

Do you have a technical / background?

• If applicable, please describe your technical background here (150 word limit)
  • Use bullets and link to your most important achievements / projects / portfolio

Ethereum wallet Address:

This will be used for elections and for voting on grants decisions. It is important that this address matches the one shared in your expression of interest form.

Conflicts of Interest Statement:

I hereby declare all material potential conflicts of interest that may be relevant for this role to the Safe DAO Community.

• Please populate the list below…
  • xxx
  • xxx

I hereby that I have no material conflicts of interest that may be relevant for this role to the Safe DAO Community

Finally, just a quick note that I have provided the markdown version of the proposal template here on Google Docs

11 Likes

Great work @1sla.eth putting this together! Looks great and I’m already working on writing my application :slight_smile: Looking forward for the opportunity to support the Safe Ecosystem through this initiative!

2 Likes

Candidate Proposal @Liorg

I’m nominating myself as a [Product / Business ] council member

I’m excited to submit my nomination for the SGP role. I have been around the Safe ecosystem for quite a while, and I’m looking forward to use this opportunity to contribute back to an ecosystem of developers around a product I believe in.

A bit about me: I’m the Head of Platform at Collider Labs, in charge of post investment support to our portfolio of web3 projects. I’ve been a DAO contributor since 2019 with a multi-year hands on D2D (DAO to DAO) contribution track record. I bring extensive experience of business, web3 investments, business development and growth. I’ve been early into the DAO rabbit hole earlier in my web3 career focusing on governance with DAOstack and GenesisDAO back in 2019, an early partner of Gnosis.

I participated in the SAFE round as part of Collider investment and built the financial model of the bull case for the $SAFE token, which means I understand the potential paths SAFE can take to create value to the ecosystem.

Relevant links for my fitness to the business council seat:

Applications that either already demonstrated contribution to the safe ecosystem, and/or involvement in the community over time as an initial sign for teams that the SafeDAO would like to support.

I like to see applications that demonstrate how they plan to deliver in the short term, but also how that first step can later be expanded to a venture that becomes valuable for SafeDAO.

I believe grants are a great vehicle to get a builder’s foot in the door of an ecosystem, which can later be further expanded into products and services that benefit the ecosystem. I would love to see applications that demonstrate:

• Expansion of the target audience to use SAFE tech stack
  • Legal and compliance wrapper tooling that help individuals and groups around the globe get access to the crypto market
  • I’m fascinated by how web3 social and on chain credentials (both social and work related) open up new opportunities and business models, and expecting to see submission that introduce those functionalities into the SAFE stack
  • I’d love to see innovative solutions of how RWA and off-chain royalties products can be built on top of SAFE

Vote for me because:

I’m a true web3 native entrepreneur, builder myself, and understand the needs of builders to get their first opportunity to showcase their ideas and get a legitimacy stamp early on their journey.

At the same time I understand investors and ecosystem stakeholders need to ensure money/tokens being spent are spent wisely and carefully.

I bring natural curiosity, wide familiarity with the ecosystem, and at the same time methodic and critical thinking that can well serve $SAFE token holders in ensuring the grants are properly invested to grow the ecosystem and promote further innovation on top of it.

P.S - vote for me cause i didn’t use ChatGPT in writing this form, except from creating the short 50 words summary of this thread for Snapshot :slight_smile:

Snapshot short intro:

A web3 entrepreneur, builder and investor with Collider Ventures. I bring a deep understanding of the ecosystem, committed to ensure grants are wisely invested to grow the ecosystem & support innovation. Vote for me as I understand the needs of builders and the importance of responsible investment. I believe grants can help builders get started and expand their impact. Looking to see grant applications that demonstrate expansion of the target audience, integration with legal & compliance tools, web3 credentials and more.

I’m not technical but am very hands on and always curious to try out and build stuff

• I led the ideation, product and design of an hackathon winning project called DataDAO - 1st place on Ocean Data economy challenge

• Building Collider Platform internal tool for portfolio companies to get access to ecosystem partners, integrated with internal CRM

Ethereum wallet Address:

liorg.eth

I hereby declare all material potential conflicts of interest that may be relevant for this role to the Safe DAO Community.

2 Likes

Candidate Proposal @SanLeo461

I’m nominating myself as a [Technical] council member

Hi! I’m SanLeo, I’m an avid developer and a part-time security nut.
I’ve been a developer for over 7 years now, I spend every free moment I have learning about new technologies, constantly working to better myself and share what I learn with my peers.
I enjoy discussing new and interesting EIPs in technical detail with my developer friends, and am constantly trawling GitHub discussions, discourse forums and twitter threads to keep up to date with what other passionate Ethereum developers are up to and learn from them.
Some of my current Ethereum ecosystem passions include Account Abstraction, Zero-Knowledge Cryptography and Diamond Proxies, and I hope to scrutinize yet support proposals involving these and other interesting technologies as we attempt to bring the world on-chain!
I currently hold a few positions which are relevant;

• Web3 Software Engineer @ (twitter.com/@hebys_io) hebys.io
    • Writing dApps, smart contracts, blockchain data analysis tools, and scaling the platform using DevOps knowledge.
  • Alpha Software Builder & Multisig @ PVFD (twitter.com/@foundersdao) discord.gg/pixelvault
    • Using my knowledge of blockchain data analysis and discord bots to build data-driven user-facing tools for members of the DAO.
    • Signing, building and optimizing transactions for use with the DAOs multisig wallet in compliance with governance proposals.
  • Developer @ Odiville (twitter.com/@todayodious) Odiville · GitHub
    • Writing smart contracts & dApps for a world-building project based on NFT-based currency, burn mechanisms and art.
    • Leveraging new technologies to bring unique experiences to users such as ZK & AA.

I would make a great Grants Council Reviewer due to my extensive development experience, up-to-date knowledge of Ethereum technologies, and relevant positions in the ecosystem. I’m passionate about exploring new technologies and have hands-on experience in building dApps and smart contracts.

• Batch optimized safe apps for popular protocols & SAFE itself.
    – This became important to me when I helped a friend save hundreds of dollars by teaching them to use the transaction builder to batch add and remove owners on SAFEs. Cheap transactions should be for everyone, not just developers.
  • Account Abstraction
    – With ERC-4337 around the corner, there’s fierce competition to innovate in the space and provide the best user experience. I want to establish SAFE as a power player in the AA space before its too late.
  • Customizing SAFEs
    – With solutions such as SAFE modules, we have the tools necessary to allow users and DAOs to build completely customized and extensible safes, allowing features far beyond what SAFE could build in-house. But there are currently few available modules that are audited, optimized and accessible. New modules as well as user-friendly tools to add and interact with modules are a priority to me.

Vote for me because:

I want to sift the cruft from the crafty, and look for real value in the proposals and people I approve. I want to support grant proposers in their development aspirations and workshop how they can bring their unique value add to the table with a SAFE Grant.
I have the technical know-how to not only assess feasibility but also steer developers and proposers towards better ideas and solutions that will ultimately benefit our community.

Snapshot short intro:

Hi, I’m SanLeo! An avid developer of 7 years and security nut.
I love dissecting and working with new EIPs & technologies such as AA & ZK-Crypto.
I develop for 3 clients doing smart contracts, dApps & blockchain data analysis.
I want to position SAFE for the future ahead!

• I’ve been developing for around 7 years, and have hopped around from language to language, and ecosystem to ecosystem.
  • I’m fluent in Java, Solidity, Python, Rust, Javascript/Typescript, C#, C, Kotlin, HTML/CSS (Vue & React), Noir
  • I’m well versed in Linux, Security, RDMBS, CI/DevOps & Cloud Engineering
  • Most of my work is behind closed doors and/or NDA, but I’ve worked with many projects such as Hebys.io, Pixel Vault Founders’ DAO, Odiville, NFTSensei & Chill Bear Club.
    – Feel free to ask me about any of my work in more detail
  • Additionally, I worked as a Java freelancer before web3 for 4-5 years doing enterprise-grade game/plugin development from ~2016-2020

Ethereum wallet Address:

0x7f7a41d5CDd9e19DD1c618258b5A9dcF875852c2

• This is an empty hardware wallet address, for if I am to be elected.

I hereby that I have no material conflicts of interest that may be relevant for this role to the Safe DAO Community

2 Likes

Candidate Proposal @Juandi

I’m nominating myself as a [BUSINESS / WILDCARD] council member

Here is my twitter verification link.

Love to play devil’s advocate when tech is being presented for a grant proposal as I’ve been in the other side of the grant interview and screening process many times with Aave, Aptos, Balancer, Compound and Prezenti (Celo). In the case of business, Alcancía (our startup built an on/off-ramp experience plus non-custodial wallet integrated with DeFi with less than 60k USD in funding).

We know which disbursement schedules and budgets are optimal to built quality product using SAFE documentation and the new account abstraction technology following EIP-4337. My main focus as a reviewer will be effective spending and grant disbursement.

I have never taken the reviewer role, but I can assure you that from a grantee perspective, I will bring the transparency and budgeting needed from a resourceful allocation of funds and improve the metrics for the Safe Grants Program. My main goal is to bring indicators that show impact and development inside the ecosystem while being cautious with funding disbursed, a tortoise-based approach is always a nice-to-have for a hare-paced oriented program.

What types of grant applications would you like to see?

• ERC-4337 is going to places, I am looking for the next killer-use cases for account abstraction that will onboard the next 200M people into web3.

Vote for me because:

• Will focus on products that are in early stage and guide towards viable and efficient growth metrics.
  • Connected and funded by multiple grants programs, will move the agenda with blockchains and community funds.
  • Priority towards transparency and constant mentorship to build product.
  • I beat my allergy to bananas by eating more bananas. :banana:

Snapshot short intro:

Juandi, built the first non-custodial wallet for Latin Americans - Alcancía with direct integrations into Aave, Celo and Compound and partnership with Coinbase and Mexico’s biggest bank, Banco BBVA. Proven track record working for NGOs like UNESCO and startup Accelerators such as Unreasonable México. He now looks into getting his first reviewer role, focused on helping you grow and pass from early stage to scale.

• Developed the DeFi integrations of Alcancía a non-custodial wallet focused on building the next ‘be your own bank’ infrastructure for the next 200M Latin Americans.
  • 2x winner in ETH Global hackathons. Prized with Polygon Regenerative Finance and WalletConnect v1.0 integrations.
  • Celo Tenet Award Winner

Ethereum wallet Address:

juandidi.eth / 0xe021847F3E760D00dDF71c3D7391b03A4Ba52897

2 Likes

Candidate Proposal @v3naru

I’m nominating myself as a [Wildcard Reviewer] council member

GM All! I’m Varit, also known as v3naru online. My passion for blockchain technology and decentralized governance has been a driving force in my contributions to the space since 2018. My diverse background spans startups, business, and data analysis, equipping me with critical thinking skills that are indispensable for the role of a grant reviewer. My journey includes an early involvement with a pioneering crypto startup unicorn in Thailand and currently working with a leading venture builder in Southeast Asia. These experiences have granted me a unique perspective on both the business and technical facets of the blockchain industry. Furthermore, my hands-on involvement in governance and operations within DAOs has furnished me with a comprehensive understanding and nuanced perspective on grant proposals.

As a reviewer, I aim to harness these experiences to effectively review and assess grant proposals. My technical comprehension of blockchain technology, combined with my knowledge of DAO operations, will enable me to identify proposals that resonate with SafeDAO’s mission and offer substantial potential value.

Moreover, I’m an advocate for these principles: experimentation, progressive decentralization, inclusivity, collaboration, and data-driven decision-making (EPICD) which forms the backbone of my approach. I firmly believe that these core values are vital for the maturation of the web3 space. As a Wildcard Reviewer, I pledge to let these principles guide my actions and decisions.

Beyond my skills, I am privileged to have a robust network within the vibrant web3 startup community. My affiliation with a web3-focused venture builder has allowed me to forge relationships that could bring considerable value and foster meaningful collaborations for the grants program & participants.

In conclusion, my combination of business knowledge, DAO ops experience, commitment to core values, and strong startup community ties makes me an exceptional candidate for the Wildcard Reviewer role. I am dedicated to advancing the SafeDAO mission and contributing value to the community through this role.

(In general, I appreciate applications that not only demonstrate immediate deliverables but also articulate a vision for future expansion, thereby bringing long-term value to SafeDAO.)

• Real-world applications: Projects that aim to bring Safe’s benefits to larger audiences, particularly those that have practical, real-world applications. This could include applications that integrate Safe with existing systems, making it easier for people to adopt and use Safe in their everyday lives.

• Inclusive Community Growth Initiatives: Applications that prioritize creating accessible and inclusive educational initiatives. These could include multilingual educational content, workshops, and campaigns that extend awareness of Safe’s benefits to a diverse, global audience. By encouraging a more diverse and inclusive community, we can ensure that the benefits of Safe and the notion of “Take Back ownership” reach as many people as possible.

• Improving Governance experience: The effectiveness of SafeDAO’s governance model depends on the active participation of its community - therefore any project that improve the experience of key participants, such as by developing tools/framework that make it easier for them to engage with SafeDAO’s governance process.

Vote for me because:

• My hands-on experience in governance and operations within DAOs endows me with a comprehensive understanding and nuanced perspective on grant proposals, crucial for the Council.

• My diverse background spans startups, business, and data analysis, enriched by early involvement with a pioneering crypto startup unicorn in Thailand and a leading venture builder in SEA. This unique blend of business acumen, startup insight, and tech-savviness positions me to provide strategic guidance and novel insights to the Grants Council.

• Leveraging my extensive connections within the vibrant web3 startup network, which I’ve cultivated through my affiliation with a web3-focused venture builder, I’m well-positioned to bring substantial value and meaningful collaborations to the grants program.

Vote for me if:

• You also value the principles of experimentation, progressive decentralization, inclusivity, collaboration, and data-driven decision-making – cornerstones that I staunchly advocate for. I believe these principles are critical for the development and maturation of the web3 space, and I am committed to championing them within the Grants Council and the broader Safe ecosystem.

Snapshot short intro:

v3naru is a passionate blockchain enthusiast with a robust startup and business background. With experience in DAO operations, core value of E.P.I.C.D (check full nomination post for details), and strong startup community ties, he’s eager to contribute to SafeDAO as a diligent and insightful Wildcard Reviewer.

• While I do not have a developer background, I have been an active contributor to the crypto space since late 2018 and have a solid technical understanding of blockchain technology, DeFi, NFTs, and decentralized governance.

• In addition to my involvement in various DAOs as a Curia delegate such as Optimism Collective, ArbitrumDAO, and SafeDAO, I have also shared my insights and knowledge with a broader audience. In 2022, I authored several popular posts in the DAO Thailand Community Facebook group about DAOs and the emerging trends in the ecosystem, which was widely appreciated and discussed. You can find this post and the local group here.

• I believe that these experiences and my ability to effectively communicate complex topics to a broad audience further underscore my understanding of the technical aspects of this field and my suitability for the role.

Ethereum wallet Address:

0x4adface27e2c7824e31217fe0bf87dd39a16f27d

Currently I’m employed by SCB 10X, a venture capital and venture builder based in Southeast Asia, to perform DAO research and development for the company. Given SCB 10X’s involvement with Safe’s latest funding round, this association could potentially be perceived as a conflict of interest. The team acknowledged that my application for Safe Grants Council Reviewer is on my individual basis, opinions made are my own and cannot be influenced by the company. I want to assure the Safe DAO Community that my role in the Council, if elected, will be underpinned by principles of transparency and fairness, with the utmost consideration given to the best interests of the Safe DAO Community. My affiliation with SCB 10X does not, and will not, influence my commitment to acting in the best interest of the Safe DAO Community and its mission.

1 Like