This proposal was previously posted in Phase 0 discussion: [Discussion] [OBRA] FinOps3: Accelerating Asset Management on Safe
Aligned Strategy: Increase awareness of Safe Ecosystem
Funding Request: 25,000 USDC, streamed over 16 weeks with a 4-week cliff
Relation to Strategy budget: 10%
FinOps3 is a platform and knowledge hub for Safe-powered on-chain finance. It aims to accelerate the adoption and retention of Treasury Managers and Financial Operators in the Safe Ecosystem by providing resources and guidance that make setting up and running a Treasury Management System powered by Safe easy and rewarding. The end goal is to increase the AUM of the Safe Ecosystem further and retain it when potential fees are introduced after S.A.F.E implementation to continue to fund the Safe Ecosystem.
Metrics and KPIs
To measure progress toward the implementation of the intent and its effect, we’ll measure the following:
- Visitors on the FinOps3 Website: Aim to reach 500+ in the first 3 months.
- Registrations to FinOps3 workshops: Aim to reach 200+ in the first 3 months.
- Reach of FinOps3 Content on Socials: Aim to reach 75,000+ in the first 3 months.
- Number of quality activated leads in our CRM: Aim to activity at least 20 qualified leads.
- Safe creation and operations support: Aim to provide support to at least 10 operators
Safe Accounts currently stored over $69B in assets. A large share is being used through the Safe Wallet (multi-sig). Through Safe’s modular infrastructure, a wide range of tools and services have emerged that enable Treasury Managers and Financial Operators to streamline their on-chain finance operations through Safe; however, it’s not easy to find best practices, and as a result, users need to do a lot of research and trial and error before finding the perfect set-up. This starkly contrasts with regular Digital Asset Custody platforms such as Fireblocks, which offer guides and end-to-end support.
We started initial virtual FinOps workshops in mid-2023 to help more DAOs and Asset Managers set up and run a Treasury Management System powered by Safe and hosted the first formal event called FinOps3 in December with presentations from Luuk Weber (Kolektivo Labs), Tarun Gupta (Coinshift), Umar Hassam (Web3CFO/Request) and Lindsey Winder (Hedgey). Next to the Workshops, which had between 30-70 sign-ups, we also produced an initial blog on starting a Safe powered on-chain Treasury Management System.
We want to expand FinOps3 and continue to support existing and prospective treasury and asset managers in streamlining their financial operations through Safe. We plan to realize this by creating and facilitating:
FinOps3 Webplatform: Develop a web platform with native resources, including a solution overview, best practices, and case studies. The webpage will also drive additional traffic to our workshops, content, and complementary support services.
FinOps3 Resources: Produce at least 8 content pieces that provide relevant insights and tips about Financial Operations powered by Safe.
FinOps3 Workshops: Host three virtual workshops, comparable to the first workshop we hosted, about FinOps with industry leaders and promote it to relevant individuals and communities.
Safe set-up and operations support: Create and operate a process for finance professionals to receive a complementary info pack and free consultation with an expert to set up or streamline their Safe-powered financial operations.
FinOps3 started in the summer of 2023. The web platform does not exist yet, and will be built as part of this initiative.
Risks of the Initiative
Below are the identified risks and how we mitigate them:
- Risk of suboptimal execution of the intent: Safe has to trust that the contributors can complete the proposal successfully, to avoid losing resources. This risk is low, given the contributors are Safe stakeholders (delegates) and the funding is streamed, which means if no meaningful progress is made in the first weeks, it can be paused.
- Risk of deliverables not accomplishing results: There is the risk that additional FinOps resources and guidance do not translate into attracting or retaining AUM to Safe. To mitigate this, we’ll record key metrics and create a Report at the end of the intent project to back-up and improve our approach.
Timeline and milestones
|1. Develop FinOps Web platform
|Develop the FinOps3 web platform and populate it with an initial overview of Safe powered Treasury Management tools, guides, and best practices.
|2. Host three monthly FinOps Workshops
|Host three virtual workshops about FinOps with industry leaders and promote it to relevant individuals and communities.
|3. Produce Guides, Case-studies and blogs
|Produce at least 8 content pieces that provide relevant insights and tips about Financial Operations powered by Safe. Est 1 article per two weeks.
|4. Develop and Provide Support Service
|Create a process for finance professionals to receive a complementary info pack and free consultation with an expert to set up or streamline their Safe-powered financial operations. Support at least 10 users.
LuukDAO, an existing Safe Delegate, former DeFi Fund Manager, and founder of Kolektivo Labs, will lead the initiative. He will function as project manager to ensure the timely and successful delivery of the initiative.
The team will consist of active Kolektivo Labs with experience developing and launching solutions together with support from multiple FinOps experts to co-host workshops and produce content.
- Senior Web3 Analyst with experience operating on-chain treasuries and running a small crypto hedge fund.
- Designer and Web Developer who has built 5+ web platforms for Crypto-native projects
- FinOps3 experts to speak during the workshops and co-create content, to be sourced via the existing networks of Kolektivo Labs, Coinshift, Web3CFO, and Safe.
No additional resources from the Safe Ecosystem Foundation are requested.