SafeDAO Digest #4
The latest news, updated weekly
Recently passed Proposals
- none within the last month
See also Snapshot.
All Proposals currently in Phase 2 (Snapshot)
- [SEP #4] SafeDAO Constitution, authored by @Lukas, has been moved to phase 2 and is now up for a vote on Snapshot. Voting ends on Feb 23, 2023 at 9:12 PM UTC.
See also Snapshot.
All Proposals currently in Phase 1 (Forum/SEP)
- [SEP #5] Redistributing Unredeemed Tokens From User Airdrop Allocation, authored by @Daniel, continues to discuss the latest set of voting options. @Daniel shared a comment arguing that the current set of options is sensible, given the constraints due to single-choice voting. @CaptainTee raised questions about the redemption period.
See also https://forum.safe.global/c/proposals/seps.
Selected Proposals in Phase 0 (Forum/pre-SEP)
- SAFE Token Utility Proposal, authored by @lakejynch, received a comment from 1kx. @AccelXR-1kx poses the question whether the suggested problem behind the integration queue – bottlenecks in integrating Safe Apps into the Safe front-end – is significant and, if so, whether it can be solved through other means than a token mechanism. Regarding the other suggested solution of a staking mechanism, @AccelXR-1kx second that this approach should be explored further. @AccelXR-1kx suggests to refine the proposal based on data points publicly available or to be provided by the Safe team.
See also Phase 0: Pre-SEPs - Safe Community Forum.
See here for an explanation of phases 0, 1 and 2.
Discussions on the Forum
Governance and General Topics around Proposals
- Towards a Governance Framework for SafeDAO: As a first step towards an improved governance process, @theobtl shares an initial list of four pain points for discussion that can resolved in the short-term and are not blocked by other open issues. Please share your thoughts and amendments to this list in the thread.
- Notes on the forum structure: We enabled the sidebar and the new notifications interface, both part of Discourse’s 3.0 release which also offers a Discourse-native real-time chat. Would you find that useful next to our Discord?
See also https://forum.safe.global/c/proposals/general.
- [Design] SafeSwap Module: @mattstam introduces SafeSwap, a Safe module allowing users to submit a token swap request that may be executed by anyone.
See also https://forum.safe.global/c/safe-development.
- Safe open guides: @adamhurwitz.eth and @tomiwa1a, Developer Relations Lead at Safe, continue discussing GitHub as a version control system while allowing for various clients to write to and read the Wiki, such as GitBook.
See also https://forum.safe.global/c/safe-ecosystem.
News and Events
- no news
See also News and Events - Safe Community Forum.
SafeDAO Beyond the Forum
- Messari published the piece “Governor Note: Addressing the Low Token Claims in SafeDAO”, analysing the design and outcome of the initial SAFE airdrop.
Quick Governance Links
Forum | Snapshot | Safe Governance Twitter | SafeDAO on Boardroom | Governance Process