SafeDAO Digest #5
The latest news, updated weekly
Recently passed Proposals
- [SEP #4] SafeDAO Constitution, authored by @Lukas, has been approved.
See also Snapshot.
All Proposals currently in Phase 2 (Snapshot)
See also Snapshot.
All Proposals currently in Phase 1 (Forum/SEP)
- [SEP #5] Redistributing Unredeemed Tokens From User Airdrop Allocation, authored by @Daniel, continues to be discussed and received a comment from @nodeE, referring to a similar proposal in ENS DAO and questioning what form of token distribution is really in the best interest of SafeDAO to achieve ‘decentralised governance’.
See also https://forum.safe.global/c/proposals/seps.
Selected Proposals in Phase 0 (Forum/pre-SEP)
- SAFE Token Utility Proposal, authored by @lakejynch, continues to be discussed, with @bradrian_0x sharing data on Safe usage and @v3naru suggesting to use the SAFE token for a token-curated registry (TCR).
See also Phase 0: Pre-SEPs - Safe Community Forum.
See here for an explanation of phases 0, 1 and 2.
Discussions on the Forum
Governance and General Topics around Proposals
- Towards a Governance Framework for SafeDAO: To improve SafeDAO’s governance process, we initially discuss pain points that can and should be resolved in the short-term. Changes up for discussion include the restriction to single-choice voting, whether ‘Abstain’ votes should count towards the quorum or not, whether the review period should be reset after a proposal has been changed, and specifying a template for proposals how to make use of SafeSnap. While a comprehensive governance framework for SafeDAO is still in the making, these relatively minor changes could be voted on relatively soon as part of a ‘Governance Process Update’ proposal. Please leave your feedback in the thread whether these four changes should be implemented and if so, how, as well as whether any other improvements should be added to the proposal.
See also https://forum.safe.global/c/proposals/general.
- no news
See also https://forum.safe.global/c/safe-development.
- no news
See also https://forum.safe.global/c/safe-ecosystem.
News and Events
- Safe at ETHDenver: Meet the Safe team at events we’re (co-)hosting or sponsoring in Denver between Feb 28 and Mar 6. The team will also be present and contributing to other events, such as these. If you’re in Denver, hit us up and stay tuned for further announcements on Twitter.
See also News and Events - Safe Community Forum.
SafeDAO Beyond the Forum
- Den, who build on top of Safe, raised $2.8 million in seed funding. Congratulations to the team around @jierlich and @ittaisvidler who are also active Guardians in SafeDAO.
Quick Governance Links
Forum | Snapshot | Safe Governance Twitter | SafeDAO on Boardroom | Governance Process