🌐 Safe open information

This weekend I organized the thoughts above on product features that help build open information platforms. Safe’s self-ownership of accounts and assets is an important part of that.

1 Like

For the May Safe hackathon I’ve worked on integrating content into the Safe docs from Safe open info, which is currently featured in the Resources section of the docs.

The goal is to make it easier for builders and users to find relevant info. I will continue to migrate relevant resources from Safe open info to help improve access to information.

3 pull requests have been submitted. I’m happy to adjust the content as needed working with the Safe Ecosystem Foundation (SEF).

I had a great discussion with @senad.eth this morning about opportunities to improve collaboration within DAOs. This is relevant to Safe open info as DAO members contribute across many platforms publicly.

Opportunities

• Track and validate quality contributions across platforms
    • Uses sybil resistant tools, Gitcoin Passport
    • Filter by contribution type
    • Save meaningful contributions to showcase in “portfolio” section
  • Starting from less formal forms of contribution to more valuable and in-depth, e.g. Twitter, Telegram, Discord, Safe forum, Snapshot voting, GitHub, etc.
  • Visualize and link open source contributions.
    • Potentially build a gamified contribution score
    • It is better to show, not tell.
    • E.g. For my Grants Council product/business proposal I created an appendix linking to my SafeDAO contributions. This is something that could be generated automatically given I opt into pull read-only data from the various platforms.
    • This is a great way to learn about other contributors in the ecosystem instead of seeing a new person on Discord and searching their username across the web.
  • Incentivize and track contributions through distributing SAFE tokens.
  • Create tool for easy POAP minting and distribution?
  • How can this information be useful on an individual user level first?
    • Think of tools like Skiff (Email, calendar, video conferencing, and docs). Individuals begin to use it between each other for enhanced privacy, security, and UX. It provides instant personal value which then creates adoption for teams and orgs to use.

Considerations

• Governance
    • Contribution value can be subjective.
    • Framework around determining value and who manages this?
    • Does this create too much overhead as opposed to rewarding larger contributions, e.g. Grants, potential future retroactive public goods funding.
  • Privacy
    • Some contributors prefer to remain as anonymous as possible. There should still be a way to incentivize valuable contributions.
    • Is user data, e.g. Account addresses, encrypted and stored so that not even ThriveCoin can access. For example, Skiff claims to do this by storing user data encrypted on IPFS.
    • Potential use case for ZKproof libraries, e.g. Sismo, to verify data without revealing info to ThriveCoin or other users.
  • Business model
    • What is ThriveCoin’s business model? This impacts the longevity of SafeDAO adopting and relying on their platform.
  • Competition
    • Who are the best competitors to ThriveCoin?

ThriveCoin

Senad is on the business development team at ThriveCoin that aims to increase collaboration within DAOs through incentivizing meaningful activity through a DAO’s native token or THRIVE tokens. He’s also on the leadership team of BanklessDAO.

I’ve followed @thrivecoinhq on Twitter to see how DAOs similar to SafeDAO will make use of their platform moving forward.

• Optimism (DAO vote is in-progress to determine adoption): This will be useful to see case studies from because Optimism’s DAO is the most similar to SafeDAOs as both are protocol focused.
  • Shapeshift
  • BanklessDAO
  • ApeCoin

cc: @lorny, This could potentially be useful to explore as part of your community management tools.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing these Adam. I’ll definitely look into them!

2 Likes

Thank you, Adam - it was a pleasure meeting you!

Hello everyone - hey @lorny :slight_smile: - I’m Senad and I’m with ThriveCoin and BanklessDAO. There’s obvious vision and values alignment between SafeDAO and ThriveCoin - we’re both stewarding the web3 ownership economy by reimagining how we build organizations and govern capital in - I believe - innovative, creative, and essential ways to create thriving ecosystems.

We at ThriveCoin have deep expertise supporting communities at scale in driving impact through behavior change. ThriveCoin currently supports ApeCoin DAO, Bankless DAO, Aavegotchi DAO, ShapeShift , Polygon Village (revealed soon), and other top DAO communities. We are web3 natives, funded by top web3 VCs, and are excited about working with the Safe community on putting together a proposal that would enable SafeDAO to leverage our Thrive Protocol - the App that supports auto-validation, auto-rewarding, auto-recording of meaningful and valuable contributions on-chain.

I’m excited for your thoughts, questions and feedback on ThriveCoin and our Protocol. Also please feel free to ping me here, on Discord @0xsenad, or on Twitter at [https://twitter.com/0xSenad ]. I look forward to connecting!

Thanks so much!
-Senad

1 Like