Safe Grants Council Nominations

Candidate Proposal @adamhurwitz.eth

I’m nominating myself as a business/product council member

Here is my Twitter verification link

Here’s why I’d make a great Grants Council Reviewer:

Passion and experience

I’ve contributed as a SafeDAO Guardian, in crypto, and open source tech for the past 5 years. Recently, I’ve worked on TaxBit’s free public goods consumer app, built 200+ pages of open crypto info, and an open-source crypto news Android app, Coinverse. I will use my 10 years of experience across product, software, and business development to review grants from a holistic perspective, and support grants that best further digital ownership with Safe.

I’m a nomad and enjoy exploring cities through coffee and tea cafes, food, and running. I am passionate about making wellness accessible, and I’ve found personal success with slow-carb nutrition, intermittent fasting, and “natural” shoe running.

Safe ecosystem

In 2021 I began researching all long-term crypto account solutions and discovered Safe’s open and programmable ecosystem. Through sharing open-source research I became a SafeDAO Guardian, and have contributed towards product research and governance feedback in over 100+ Safe forum posts. I’ve started exploring potential solutions for Safe and crypto access controls that provide custom role and app-based management of accounts. I’ve helped create open info on the Safe ecosystem and SafeDAO, and started research in the forum to better manage open info. For Safe’s May 2023 hackathon I integrated portions of Safe open info into the Safe docs, which I’ll continue to work on.

Product and software development

Along with being comfortable working with open-source, I enjoy working with teams. I did product consulting with TaxBit in 2022 to improve their free consumer tax product. Prior to focusing on crypto research and product consulting I spent 4 years as an Android developer ranging from indie hacking Coinverse and working on multiple apps at eBay. I’ve reached 1.96 million developers in Android through StackOverflow, writing/talks, and code (See Do you have a technical background?).

What types of grant applications would you like to see?

• Smart account access controls
    • Providing custom controls for easier to access accounts like “hot” accounts will improve usability and adoption of Safe accounts to securely store the underlying assets, data, and social accounts.
    • Research the existing crypto account access control solutions from a role and app-based perspective.
    • Compare the value propositions, tech/API functionality, opportunities for improvement, and Safe integrations.
  • Safe open-source information
    • Help to progressively decentralize collaboration in the Safe ecosystem.
    • Open information (OI) includes relevant resources from public domains, individuals, both company and project’s documentation, and etc. OI makes use of collective knowledge that has the potential to cover more surface area and be more in-depth than more centralized sources of truth.
  • Map Safe apps ecosystem
    • Research the apps built with Safe to test, share the value propositions, tech features, and opportunities to collaborate.
    • This will help builders by improving knowledge sharing and users make better informed decisions.

Vote for me because:

• I’ll use my combined 10 years of experience across product, software, and business development to support grants that will have the largest potential impact for the Safe ecosystem.
  • As a SafeDAO Guardian I have been contributing to the Safe ecosystem the past year in product and governance in over 100+ forum posts and creating open info.
  • I have perspective on what technology and products thrive long-term because I’ve been involved in crypto since 2014 and have experienced multiple market cycles.
  • I’m passionate about open-source technology sharing open info in crypto and reaching 1.96 million developers through Android development.

Snapshot short intro:

I’m a SafeDAO Guardian :beginner: and I’ve enjoyed contributing to Safe the last year providing product research, documentation, and governance feedback in 100+ posts. I bring experience as an open source researcher, product consultant in crypto analytics and UX, Android apps software and in business development for mobile apps.

Do you have a technical / background?

I spent 4 years as an Android developer after teaching myself how to code while on Google’s business development team for mobile apps. These front end and systems design skills help me to learn new technology in crypto quickly, know how to scale products, and understand what to research further. Working in Android also taught me how to contribute to open-source ecosystems.

Ethereum wallet Address:

• ENS (Linked to the address below): adamhurwitz.eth
  • Address: 0x0B948EFB1b515d8071363a210C362297d2C9db67

Conflicts of Interest Statement:

I hereby declare that I have no material conflicts of interest that may be relevant for this role to the Safe DAO Community.

13 Likes