New Proposal: Reworked SAFE distribution for users

You are giving Airdrop only for Eth mainnet users than why are you giving features of other blockchain services i think you should change your mind against all the loyal users also L2

1 Like

Only Ethereum users with 1 transaction …but other chains like L2s nothing… only reward airdrop hunters with 1 transaction… shame on you.
increase the number of transactions to 10 and add other chains to be more logical

1 Like

You may want to read this. Other side chains and L2s will get there reward after SafeDAO is launched

2 Likes

Search with PC as phone most times doesn’t give me results too

2 Likes

This rework is a clear cave to people who were complaining they couldn’t be part of the first iteration. You had it correct the first time around: reward your actual users instead of people chasing free tokens that will be insta-dumped. As an example our DAO went from an amount that was actually helpful to a mere pittance, and we’ve been using gnosis for well over a year, meh. You’ve built great tools but the new distribution rewards grifters plain and simple.

3 Likes

did you check the csv?

I like the proposal. curious to know what the gini coefficient is on that.

was thinking something along the lines of this were users before GIP-19 have a different criteria than those after. adjusting the base amount is probably the simplest way to achieve this so good on u for posting this. :hugs:

3 Likes

your value suggestion is a bit of a stretch because you’re pricing out a lot of users.

The difference with ENS is that it actually cost ETH to hold the domain where it don’t cost u anything to hold a safe address. using a time based approach would be unfair to users that “didn’t get in first” and ridiculously over reward the OG that tried out the wallet for a couple weeks 2 years ago.

i believe the value approach might be an interesting way to include time. get the average value where time is each day since the creation of the safe and value is the amount in the safe on each day.

so an example would be, u created a safe 2 years ago and used it for 1 year with an average ETH of 10. it’s been 1 year since u last used the safe so your average value becomes 5. 730 / 10 * 365 = 5

this method panelizes abandoned safes.

2 Likes

I created few more safes during the early years of Gnosis. Will it be added to the list? I had helped spread about Gnosis to many people and bring them on board. I think the early users should be rewarded as they played a crucial role in the early days when the project was at grass root levels.

A form could be given for submission of early users and the team decide.

1 Like

Stablecoins
Including DAI, USDC and USDT is a great refactor due to stablecoins importance in helping project’s increase their reserves and extend their runway and because of stablecoins helping grow interest in the crypto ecosystem overall.

Cutoff date
I have similar concerns about the new cutoff date for the airdrop due to Safes created for the purpose of maximizing an airdrop.

The original date is aligned with the goals outlined above as it helps ensure quality high-value users receive a meaningful amount and that the amount of ownership received is by those who organically care about the ecosystem.

What programmatic strategies are being taken to filter out farmers? The airdrop farmers bounty is a good start.

5 Likes

i am a newbie to this multisig concept i mistakenly created safe with only one owner. after i realised my mistake i created another safe with 3 owners and did transactions in only new safe. i got 224 tokens but now i am disqualified. i am not sybil please give me tokens sir. if i wanted to farm i could have done transactions in both accounts. but i did transactions only in new account. please consider it sir… my safe address 0x1e99948516C8ADE063f62A5A9fe295D4021F1e72

Any update on a retroactive airdrop for Safe users on Gnosis Chain?

Are the Gnosis and Safe teams respectively planning to propose a specific airdrop for Safe users on Gnosis Chain? Or do they consider their part done in launching SAFE token for mainnet users only and are now leaving it to the DAO.

Leaving the decision to SafeDAO as earlier explained

2 Likes

Distribution on L2s could be a good idea. There are many L2 safes have been actively using Gnosis safe. I think they should have a say in the governance.

1 Like

The governance is on ETH not L2