How to sign message as Gnosis safe

Hey guys!

I would like to have a label in my safe at bscscan.com.
However, to do this I need a signed message from my gnosis safe address, how would I do this?

Thanks In Advance

2 Likes

Hey,
Could you please elaborate on what kind of label you’d like to configure?

Labels on bscscan (and also etherscan) are configured by bscscan (or ethescan, respectively) themselves as far as I know. You would have to contact them directly

Here’s an example label what I’m referrring to
(From Gnosis: GnosisDAO Safe | Address 0x0DA0C3e52C977Ed3cBc641fF02DD271c3ED55aFe | Etherscan)

1 Like

Thanks for the reply!
Yea that’s exactly it.
And I contacted them and they asked me to sign a message using the address of the gnosis safe.

The message should be:
[BscScan.com dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:ss] I am the owner/creator of the address [InsertAddress] and it is to be tagged as [InsertPreferredNameTag].

1 Like

I just want to know if it’s possible to sign a message using the address of the gnosis safe, otherwise I’ll contact them again to find an alternative solution to prove address ownership.

I have not tried it, but you could use the wallet connect module and connect it to My Ether wallet and then create a signature there. Just a suggestion, I am unsure whether it would work.

The thing to understand as per the convention a multisig or contract sig is broadcasted on the chain and would require m of the m/n parties to sign.

You cannot create a signature equivalent to a signature of a private key based account. A Safe doesn’t have a single private key. The Safe support contract signatures via EIP1271 though. Etherscan or other dapps would need to support that thought on their end.

1 Like

Make sense, thanks for info

1 Like