Extend claim deadline for Airdrop

So many users forgot about the second sign because it was a new thing in Crypto. I think it is better to extend the deadline.

3 Likes

As someone how looks to use safe more now for better opsec, would be cool to see it extended. Use crypto/ct daily and didnt catch one wind of this airdrop claim.

1 Like

Totally agree with what you said. Not all users who supported Safe before are like those who focus on token price and even sharing other people’s tokens. There are some people like me don’t check token airdrop message but also use it as one daily wallet. When I finally tried to claim the token which is definitely something good to try, but found out the airdrop is not available to me any more. What a surprise and disappointment.

2 Likes

yes ,the claim period is short and So many users forgot about the second sign because it was a relatively new thing in Crypto.I think it is better to extend the deadline(uni could be claimed since it start claiming more than 2 years age.Safe dao could be much more great absorbing the 65% people who has not claimed their safe.

3 Likes

The 27.12.2022 is hard-coded in the contracts as the end of the redeem-period. So unless you plan to fork the project there is no other way to extend the redeem-period.

3 Likes

That’s true. The original airdrop can technically not simply be “continued” or the deadline “extended”.

What we are really talking about here is a completely new potential airdrop, including a to-be-discussed definition of which addresses would be eligible, and under what conditions.

Practically speaking the proposal [SEP #5] Redistributing Unredeemed Tokens From User Airdrop Allocation might focus on the question whether SafeDAO should allocate more to those who had already redeemed the first airdrop, but that other proposal might also might also include options to explore other alternative airdrops, such as the proposal discussed in this thread.

To @Bendicion as the author and others, how would you like to continue here? Wait for [SEP #5] Redistributing Unredeemed Tokens From User Airdrop Allocation to define its final voting options, then focus on aligning on a precise definition (and technical definition) on which addresses should be part of such a new airdrop?

5 Likes

I agree, no harm in one extension and ending it there.

3 Likes

Yeah honestly sounds like the lockdrop turned out to be a total disaster for a very large portion of the community who locked up significant portions of their capital for a very long time in order to support the project under the assumption that claims would proceed as they usually do (with no expiry). Has pretty much lost me as a validator of the L2. I’m on CT most days but had a motorbike accident in Dec and happened to miss the weird deadline. Many others in the same boat, so my guess is the extremely imbalanced distribution to just the power users and core contributors will have a lasting impact on the community, sadly.

1 Like

Yeah, I guess focus on aligning a precise definition on which addresses should be part of such a new airdrop? Just from the comments it seems like there are many users who missed the deadline and would like to participate in DAO governance. Given that the allocation of tokens is so skewed towards a small number of power users and insiders, if SAFE DAO really wishes for more decentralization then let users that didn’t have a chance to claim somehow be whitelisted and transferred the tokens they were originally allocated ?

2 Likes

This would be good to reach out to support on: Safe Help Center

Make sure you have your ad blockers turned off to ensure the chat button in the bottom-right appears so that you can connect with support.

1 Like

And I’m not sure I can even use the website to check what the claim on my safe wallet was anymore. Does anyone still have the link for the spreadsheet, or know if the claim website is still functional to see what our claim was?

can i still redeem the airdrop? i know i have some to get but see no such link to actually claim.

@ShooterMcgavin, You cannot unfortunately if you did not claim any so far. The claim period has ended in Q4 of 2022.

I believe there is a claim app that shows on your Safe home page (https://app.safe.global) once signed in with your signing account. I’m not in front of my safe right now to take a screenshot of it. It should show your current claim amount of SAFE tokens.

If there are still not enough addresses to claim the airdrop during extension period, what should be done? And, how many tokens should be allocated to these address within 16m tokens ?

1 Like

I quite agree with you. I have always been a loyal user of SAFE. Today, I found that I am eglible to claim SAFE airdrop token, but I can no longer get it.
I think setting up a new claim period for those who were eligible for the initial claim but had not redeemed their allocations (“extend claim period”)* is best choice for SAFEDAO communtity. @Daniel @theobtl please do the right thing for safedao community

1 Like

the final list of eligible safe addresses: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/safe-global/safe-token/1e8661e4aba206f1b5c152591c177e4e1ad42b22/user-allocations/safes_tokens.csv

1 Like

I’m sorry to ask a dumb question here, but I see in my safe that I have the correct amount of tokens that matches the above csv file, but I can claim some and the rest is says can be claimed in the future – I assume that they just have to vest – am I correct or am I doing something wrong and I could lose those tokens (I ask because of the proposal to extend the airdrop)

Thanks !

All info about the airdrop is described here in the FAQs: $SAFE Claiming App FAQ | Safe Help Center

Regarding your question this section has the answer:

"We want to form a long term relationship with our users as SafeDAO participants and therefore only 50% of your awarded token allocation is directly available and the other 50% of your token allocation will become linearly available to you over the next 4 years. "

2 Likes

Thank you I think that makes sense I just wanted to be sure I wasn’t doing something wrong and would lose it because I hadn’t claimed it. I appreciate the confirmation!

2 Likes