[SEP 43][OBRA] ZK Email Account Recovery - ZK Email

Hi @yush_g apologies, just coming back from OOO. A few notes:

1. Proposal signals from a prior cycle does not count toward a new cycle. Proposals that are resubmitted into a new cycle must have delegates/guardians (re)submit their signals, even if there aren’t any changes to the proposal.
  2. As mentioned above, Strategy 2 now only has 15K left in the budget and proposals cannot exceed the budget in the current cycle.

Hi @amy.sg,

1. Is it ok for me to start bumping delegates now, or do I have to wait til August 12?

2. I would classify this under strategy 4, or wildcard as well – we would help decentralization of the account recovery processes, as currently many of them use custodied keys and we are the only decentralized way to use emails. Do you think is ok for me to update the relevant strategy addressed to those?

1. Yes you can start now
  2. Yes, it would fit better under wildcard given the funding is specifically for an audit.

Got it. Tagging @auryn @v3naru @BraveNewDeFi to readd their approval to this thread! Tagging @pet3rpan-1kx @kdowlin @arseny @denham @0xBaer @adamhurwitz.eth @bernard @Elizabeth @jengajojo as well to either approve with voting power or provide feedback, in case the original folks don’t notice in time.

1 Like

I previously signaled that this proposal was ready for a vote. However, I just noticed today that the audit cost has been updated to $75,000, which is a significant increase. This update is based on quotes from Ackee and Zellic. Before moving forward, I’d really appreciate learning more about why these two auditors were chosen. I’ll hold off on signaling again until I have a better understanding. Thanks!

Hey @v3naru,

Thanks for the feedback! We chose Zellic as they are best-in-class auditors for cross functionality code between circom and solidity. We had previously used zksecurity for our circuit audits and they were excellent, but we wanted a different set of eyes in order to maximize bug catches. Zellic’s quote was also 2x lower than Trail of Bits’ quote. I’ve updated the original ask back to 50K in order for folks’ approval to go through faster :slight_smile:

1 Like

Tagging folks to get our 3 approvals again, as the deadline is in about 13 hours or so.

Tagging @auryn @v3naru @BraveNewDeFi to readd their approval to this thread! Tagging other folks who have been active approving other proposals, @pet3rpan-1kx @kdowlin @arseny @denham @0xBaer @adamhurwitz.eth @bernard @Elizabeth @jengajojo as well to either approve with voting power or provide feedback, in case the original folks don’t notice in time.

As a Guardian with sufficient voting power , I believe this proposal is ready to move to a vote.

1 Like

I am a Safe Guardian with sufficient voting power and I believe this proposal is ready to move to a vote.

1 Like

I am a Safe Delegate with Sufficient Voting Power . I believe this proposal is ready to move to a Snapshot vote.

1 Like

Your proposal has reached sufficient signal to move to Phase 2: Voting. It will be live for voting on Snapshot on Wednesday, August 21st.

Proposal is live on Snapshot. Voting starts today and runs until September 2nd.

1 Like

As of September 2nd, 2024, this proposal has been ratified.

Great! How does payout to our wallet work? Due to the delay on the proposal acceptance states, the milestones are finished, and we have already started the audit and ideally would like to pay them soon.

Hey @yush_g you should have received an email with onboarding process and instructions. To summarize, the steps are:

1. OBRA DAO Commission sign off (no action needed from your end)
  2. Must pass KYC/KYB
  3. Signed Funding Agreements (both parties)
  4. Milestone setting and tracking with CES
  5. Review/Approval of milestone completion report
  6. Payout

Please keep in mind, OBRA is not a retroactive payment. While you are open to preemptively starting work prior to the completion of onboarding at your own risk (not passing KYC/KYB or delays in signing), the official start date starts at the completion of the Funding Agreement. Therefore payouts only occur after onboarding and review/approval of milestone completion report.

@yush_g Could you please check your messages and email to start your onboarding? Thank you!