[SEP #3] Towards clarity on milestones before voting on enabling transferability again

wow it’s really nice

Really appreciate the active discussion here, and I think it’s important to recognize Safe’s status as the current state-of-the-art solution that is used by many parties in the ecosystem storing billions of dollars.

I believe we are on a good track to pick up the Transferability discussion after the achievement of all pre-agreed milestones.

Until then I feel our mind space is much better spent on moving the discussion of Token Utility forward.

4 Likes

:100: @bernard, Focusing on token and protocol usability is the most productive focus of time and energy currently. Lukas’ Smart account fee engine (SAFE) draft is a great place to start providing feedback for those looking to contribute.

6 Likes

Utility comes from the things that are built on top of the safe token.

In order to attract builders the token must be transferable.

When is the vote to unlock transferability?

5 Likes

Right now, as a company, we don’t have the option of having MORE of a say in Safe governance, despite us using the product nearly every day.

Ideally things move forward and transferability is activated. We need more active voices and dynamism in the DAO. We can’t get that by allowing things to stay static.

6 Likes

Update: All milestones completed

[SEP #21] SAFE Token Utility just ended with a successful vote. This means that all milestones from this proposal [SEP #3] are completed and starting from today a vote on token transferability can be submitted in Phase 0.

Milestones:
Milestone A: “The claim period has passed” - Completed
Milestone B: “An SEP on a constitution proposal has been ratified” - Completed
Milestone C: “An SEP 2 on a governance framework has been ratified” - Completed
Milestone D: “An SEP on a resource allocation framework has been ratified” - Completed in Season 1, Sprint 1
Milestone E: “An SEP on token utility has been ratified” - Completed in Season 2, Sprint 1

Next steps:
With the completion of these milestones, there are no remaining obstacles preventing the DAO from voting on token transferability. A thread has been created by some DAO members to facilitate discussion and gather information on this topic. You can participate and stay informed by visiting: Discussion Thread: Token Transferability.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed to achieving these milestones over the last months! Amazing to see the progress that was made.

As SEP #3 is finalized, I will close this topic.

7 Likes