Inquiry Regarding “Relayed Transaction Cancelled” Error During Contract Upgrade on OpenZeppelin Defender

I am reaching out to seek assistance regarding an issue I encountered while attempting to upgrade a contract deployed on the Sepolia testnet using OpenZeppelin Defender’s multi-signature approval feature.

Here’s a brief overview of the steps I took:

1. Deployed a contract on the Sepolia testnet.
  2. Attempted to upgrade the contract using OpenZeppelin Defender’s multi-signature approval process.
  3. Encountered the following error message when executing the transaction on the Safe wallet: “Relayed transaction was cancelled by relay provider.”

Despite following the recommended procedures and ensuring that all configurations were correct, I have been unable to proceed with the contract upgrade due to this error.

Could anyone please provide guidance on how to troubleshoot and resolve this issue? Additionally, any insights into why this error might be occurring would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi @SBansal

This seems likely it is a OpenZepplin Defender issue. Did they indicate/refer you to Safe?

If this is a Safe related issue, you can post your question with a safe-core tag on Safe-Core Ethereum Stack Exchange

If you still don’t get any answers, you can try to ask in the Discord

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Regarding the inquiry I raised, I’m pleased to inform you that it has been resolved.
Upon deploying the smart contract via OpenZeppelin Defender, we found that to upgrade the contract, transferring the ownership of the proxy contract to a multi-signature wallet is necessary. We used the multi-signature wallet as part of the upgrade approval process.
Thanks to everyone who contributed to resolving this issue.