How can a Safe hold asset on multiple chains?

The benefits that the proposed Safe Grant Program tends to bring are some good ideas that would enhance SAFE ecosystem in general

I hope we could see this improvement in the nearest future

However, I would like to share that it is still possible to have same Ethereum SAFE address on multiple chains (this is for those who are not aware)

Short story:
Some mistakenly sent L2 and/or other side chains’ tokens to their Ethereum SAFE and that prompted the Safe team to bring up a recovery plan and that led to using same Ethereum SAFE address to create Safe on L2 and/or other side chains

It is ONLY presently possible to deploy Ethereum SAFE address on other L2s and/or side chains (i.e used same address on Ethereum safe to create Safe on other chains)

…but it is NOT presently possible to use SAFE address on L2 and side chains to create Safe on Ethereum or fellow L2 and/or side chains

NOTE: This was ONLY recommended for recovery purposes.
L2 or other side chains SAFE created using existing Ethereum SAFE address were not fully supported

Here is a video tutorial that guides on how to deploy Safe on L2 and/or other side chains using existing Ethereum SAFE address

I have used the Safe deployed on other L2s using existing Ethereum SAFE address and the major issues faced are:

• Tokens still appears in my SAFE for many minutes after they have actually been sent out (but Refreshing the web page solves this)

• Other than Gas Fee tokens like MATIC, XDAI, AETH, OETH, Some other ERC20 tokens doesn’t show deposit history even though they’re well credited to my SAFE

• what else :thinking: (I will add if I remember any)

3 Likes