Towards a Governance Framework for SafeDAO

Appreciate the desire to improve the governance process, thanks for putting this together @theobtl

I feel that if there were ways to gain more soft consensus, we could massage some of the options before they ever reach snapshot. For instance on SEP #3, if we had a way to soft-signal which of the milestones were desirable to the community, the snapshot vote could have been yes/no without much fuss and muss. Non-binding polls on Discourse, for instance, could have helped.

Agree with others that abstain counting towards quorum is actually a feature, not a bug. The way you have described abstentions is exactly how they are supposed to work in Robert’s Rules of Order

Who is it that desires the use of SafeSnap? I fear that requiring a code snippet for all proposals will really reduce who can participate in governance. Personally I feel strongly that a governance process should be accessible.

In general my biggest issue with the current governance is the lack of clarity and certain centralized points (i.e. how proposals get numbered as SEPs, which proposals end up on Twitter, etc). Perhaps @adamhurwitz.eth 's work on HackMD could be used to start creating a governance handbook, so that we can point new contributors to a documented governance process?

4 Likes