[SEP #2] Community Initiative To Unpause Token Contract (Enabling Transferability)

I voted no on this proposal because it is under-specified and insufficiently reviewed/audited.

The proposal claims to be calling the unpause function, but the code behind the proposal also removes two modules without any mention in the proposal’s text as to why these modules are being removed.

Additionally, from glancing over this thread, it appears that the transaction set was proposed by one person (@0xAA) and there was no publicly visible review of the proposed transactions, they were just thrown into a vote very shortly after being enumerated.

While the code proposed here may be legitimate and bug free, I think as a community we should strongly oppose any proposals that doesn’t…
A. …include a technical description that explains every proposed transaction and its effects in detail.
B. …get publicly reviewed/audited (doesn’t have to be formal/paid) by experts who understand the system.

I encourage people to vote no on this and we try again with the above things addressed so we set a precedent for best practices within this community.

Separately, I feel like 7 days is way too short. We shouldn’t ever be needing to move that fast.

3 Likes