Candidate Proposal @jengajojo
Here is my twitter verification link
I have been actively building public goods & stewarding their funding and adoption since 2021. Having worked as a grants committiee reviewer at BanklessDAO combined with my background as analyst, I bring a great combination of work experience, skills and passion for proliferating public goods.
As a builder in the ‘Adoption of Web3’ space, based on my research and experience, I have concluded that web3 adoption is not only a UX/UI problem, but a narrative problem. If the best use case for web3 is an online casino, no amount of pretty UI will change that. Additionally, as smart contracts directly compete with legal contracts for the base layer of global coordination, the legacy system will continue to build barriers towards its adoption, because no one in power wants to willingly give it up. If we look at the history of paradigm shifts, especially, how society coordinates around a shared narrative, we find that the most convincing narrative is built by the system which actually delivers non-excludable and non-rivalrous to the masses. Thus, in order for us as a community of crypto builders to spur adoption, we need to deliver public goods better than the legacy system.
- Chief co-ordinator for a project multi-lingual content creation project to onboard newbies to web3. We produce written and audio visual content in 15+ languages, generating 100 content pieces each month with an average of 20000-30000 views each month [link]
- Reviewed 30+ grants applications and developed a grants strategy at BanklessDAO [link]
- Governance delegate at GitcoinDAO [link] where I provide feedback and steward integration of GitcoinDAOs’ products
- I am a recognized delegate at 1inchDAO where I helped raised funds for earthquake relief victims in Turkey [link1] [link2]
- Leveraging AA towards building innovative solutions for the public goods space
- Improving UI/ UX in order to enable a greater diversity of participants using SAFE
- Enabling granular customisation for deploying, maintaining and upgrading SAFE contracts
- Experimenting with novel governance mechanisms
- Several months of experience as a Grants reviewer in a DAO building public goods.
- Building public goods in DAOs since 2021, with a focus on cross-cultural understanding and communication.
- An academic background in physics+math offers the ability to be driven by facts and logic. Thanks to my web2 work exp as a data analyst, I also have the ability to understand and analyse technical information and make data driven decisions
- As an active governance delegate is several prominent DAOs, I have first hand experience of sense making, prioritising allocation of resources, non violent communication, consensus thinking and project management
I’m jengajojo, I have been building public goods in DAOs since 2021, worked as a grants reviewer in BanklessDAO for 6 months and I am an active governance delegate in several DAOs. I have an academic background in physics & math as well as a professional background in data analysis and project management.
As a data analyst I am used to working in python and SQL with a fair overview of systems design and data architecture in the web2 space.
I hereby declare all material potential conflicts of interest that may be relevant for this role to the Safe DAO Community